• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Can't Copy Dvd

car9999

Question

I am trying to copy a DVD, using Roxio Creator v9 that came with my laptop. I am using the Copy Disc function. When it is time to insert the blank DVD into the DVDRW DL I do. Within moments it tells me to Please insert a blank or rewritable DVD into the Drive again, I've done this over and over. I've tried 3 different DVD's that where band new, no luck. I have two identical machines - same problem and I've copied a DVD this way before on one of the machines successfully. Please help.

3 answers to this question

I'm sorry I can't help... I came on here because the exact same thing is happening to me too. Is this happening with only one DVD you are trying to copy? For me it's just one - other DVDs will copy fine but this one won't no matter how many different blank DVD's I try.

Roxio v9 tells me that the disc I inserted is not blank, to please insert a blank disc.

The disc/DVD+R, however, IS blank.

This error is only happening with one specific DVD that I am trying to copy. It is the 3rd DVD in a set and I have had no trouble copying the first 2 DVDs. This 3rd DVD in the set plays fine in WMP and DVD player so I know it works.

When I try to burn a totally unrelated DVD, Roxio has no problem - even when I use the DVD+R's that it claimed were not blank. That is how I know the DVD+R's are actually blank and the problem is with Roxio - not with this batch of DVD+R's.

Any help, ideas etc would be most welcome! this is so frustrating.

I'm running Vista and have never had trouble with Roxiov9 before this. I've used it many times.

I am trying to copy a DVD, using Roxio Creator v9 that came with my laptop. I am using the Copy Disc function. When it is time to insert the blank DVD into the DVDRW DL I do. Within moments it tells me to Please insert a blank or rewritable DVD into the Drive again, I've done this over and over. I've tried 3 different DVD's that where band new, no luck. I have two identical machines - same problem and I've copied a DVD this way before on one of the machines successfully. Please help.

it's part 3 of a set of alternative healing DVDs. neither of the first 2 were protected so i don't think this one is (they came all together in a set). The error I am getting is that Roxio thinks the blank DVD is not blank.

I am interested to know more about making an image file but I don't know what that means. could you direct me to more info on that?

thanks so much :)

What DVD are you trying to copy? It's possible that it's protected and the program won't allow that.

What you can try and see if it works is to make an image file of the DVD on the hard drive - then burn the copy from that