• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Gee Whiz

ObeWan

Question

6 answers to this question

I'm not sure what you mean by that.

AutoRun for data discs is a Windows feature, with no effect on Macs.

Right, autorun is a win command. My usage of that term was: What command lines must I use, when creating a DVD, to cause a Win OR MAC machine to automatically call it's browser in order to handle an HTML file and begin processing HTML commands.

What command lines must I use, when creating a DVD, to cause a Win OR MAC machine to automatically call it's browser in order to handle an HTML file and begin processing HTML commands.
You can create a .bat file like the example linked in my first reply; include it in Toast, tell Toast to use that for Windows AutoRun.

There is no equivalent for AutoRun on Mac OS.

The best Mac solution that I can think of, is to prepare your disc in a Temporary Partition, include an alias to your index.html in the root on the disc, and rename that "Start here". Only include the alias on the Mac side of a hybrid disc, as it will only be not-working and thus misleading to Windows users.

You can create a .bat file like the example linked in my first reply; include it in Toast, tell Toast to use that for Windows AutoRun.

There is no equivalent for AutoRun on Mac OS.

The best Mac solution that I can think of, is to prepare your disc in a Temporary Partition, include an alias to your index.html in the root on the disc, and rename that "Start here". Only include the alias on the Mac side of a hybrid disc, as it will only be not-working and thus misleading to Windows users.

Thank you for your input. I'll play with it and see what comes up. I appreciate your time.