• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Label Creator 10

nillabeam

Question

Hey Everyone,

I looked through a bunch of post but have not come across the simple issue I am having. I have created a label that I want to print and it seems im ready to go. I am using Memorex label paper and memorx disc. In the print selection I scroll down and find the memorex paper and so far all is fine. However I can not for for some reason figure out how to print two label on one page. The paper has two labels on it. The print section shows two label but only one image and the other is blank. I have tried clicking the add layout at the bottom but it will not add another disc label. Any suggestions? I must be doing something wrong.

2nd question. There is also a Jewl Case spine label on the paper that I would like to use, however I dont see any option on the layout for that either. Am I out of luck on that one or is there a work around?

Cant wait to start calib. that paper. I seen a bunch of post with issue on that without success.

Thank You all

nillabeam

7 answers to this question

Hey Everyone,

I looked through a bunch of post but have not come across the simple issue I am having. I have created a label that I want to print and it seems im ready to go. I am using Memorex label paper and memorx disc. In the print selection I scroll down and find the memorex paper and so far all is fine. However I can not for for some reason figure out how to print two label on one page. The paper has two labels on it. The print section shows two label but only one image and the other is blank. I have tried clicking the add layout at the bottom but it will not add another disc label. Any suggestions? I must be doing something wrong.

2nd question. There is also a Jewl Case spine label on the paper that I would like to use, however I dont see any option on the layout for that either. Am I out of luck on that one or is there a work around?

Cant wait to start calib. that paper. I seen a bunch of post with issue on that without success.

Thank You all

nillabeam

Where you see the preview, click on both disc icons/pictures. I hope these are for CD. it is dangerous to put print labels on DVDs because of the higher spin rate.

I'm not sure of the spline labels, did you select the correct paper and template. Some of what you have on the cover will print on the splice if you select it.

Where you see the preview, click on both disc icons/pictures. I hope these are for CD. it is dangerous to put print labels on DVDs because of the higher spin rate.

I'm not sure of the spline labels, did you select the correct paper and template. Some of what you have on the cover will print on the splice if you select it.

Thanks for the quick reply.. Yes it is for a DVD It worked. Now i have to just figure out the Spine label. Im thinking it doesnt have it. I attached an image i used a with a different program that took it.

Two issues

1: DVDs run hotter than CDs and the paper gum can bubble and throw the disc off balance

2: Unless it's EXACTLY centred, it will go off balance

An off balance disc at the rotation speeds of a DVD will shatter - and trash the drive

Two issues

1: DVDs run hotter than CDs and the paper gum can bubble and throw the disc off balance

2: Unless it's EXACTLY centred, it will go off balance

An off balance disc at the rotation speeds of a DVD will shatter - and trash the drive

Thanks for the info. Although at this point I dont have much option but to try to center it as best that I can. Just curious how are the DVD's on a professional level. Meaning if I went to best buy and bought a New Release would I ever have to worry about how hot the disc gets on the DVD I paid $25 for. Im not a pro by any means but I thought the only option for labeling a disc was a printed label or Lightscribe. Is there a better option I should have looked into?

Thanks All

The heat doesn't affect the DVD itself - what can happen is the adhesive on the label softens and it can move. Commercial DVDs are printed directly on the disc

You can get an inkjet printer what will print to a DVD (the ones with the white coating on the back are 'printable')