• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Label Creator Cd Easy Media Creator 10

neorican1

Question

I was very knowledgeable with CD CREATOR 5, But I now have w7 and of course CD5 won't work-

I am unable to show my songs in CREATOR 10 and the help section is somewhat confusing to me --Is there a step by step easy to do this and if I get past that , how to get a nice Sizing for the inserts. I am probably missing some tiny thing--I got this software (which does a lot of things ) as a present and my needs are only for making AUDIO CD's--

I did learn how to get CD TEXT, but I also need to do TRANSITION ---I can find the item Transition in the set up , but I cant seem to make it work - like testing and getting the right timing --

Sure would appreciate some help as I have not been able to do it on my own-

Thank you,,,,,,Ralph

13 answers to this question

Ralph,

The standard Easy Media Creator 10 [EMC 10] is not compatible with Windows 7. It is two years behind the times, unless you have an OEM version 10.3 which has been specially modified for Windows 7.

If you are running in Windows 7, Creator 2010 is the first suite to be compatible with Windows 7. Creator 2011 should be released within the next month or so.

Hi Brendon,

I have "Easy Media Creator 10 Suite " and it works on my WINDOWS7 perfectly (Atleast It seems so ) Maybe the word SUITE means it is different than what you say is not compatible--I suppose.

I can RIP, BURN, copy and do almost everything except SET UP LABEL CREATOR properly as indicated initially.

So, when you say incompatible , are you referring to the label creator portion ?--

If all is well, then I am wondering if you know a step by step method of getting the songs from my CD onto the label creator- I have to guess that it should be similar to earlier versions after CD CREATOR 5 which was easy---as noted above, instructions on help are kind of difficult for me , anyway,

Thanks again,,,,, Ralph

Ralph,

The standard Easy Media Creator 10 [EMC 10] is not compatible with Windows 7. It is two years behind the times, unless you have an OEM version 10.3 which has been specially modified for Windows 7.

If you are running in Windows 7, Creator 2010 is the first suite to be compatible with Windows 7. Creator 2011 should be released within the next month or so.

Ralph,

As Brendon will still be asleep in his part of the world, I'll jump in here

EMC 10 is NOT compatible with Windows 7 (nor is Creator 2009). The only suites that are are Creator 2010 and later (when it comes out).

What will work and what will fail in Windows 7 is almost impossible to say but you will really need to upgrade the suite (or downgrade the OS) as Microsoft did things that killed backward compatibilty

Hi,

Sorry to be a pest as I do Not understand what you mean by INCOMPATIBLE - Does this involve some specifics- My unit works perfectly -- I just need some help involving laabel creating as noted above ---

Thanks,,,,,,Ralph

EMC 10 is NOT compatible with Windows 7 (nor is Creator 2009). The only suites that are are Creator 2010 and later (when it comes out).

What will work and what will fail in Windows 7 is almost impossible to say but you will really need to upgrade the suite (or downgrade the OS) as Microsoft did things that killed backward compatibilty

Hi,

Sorry to be a pest as I do Not understand what you mean by INCOMPATIBLE - Does this involve some specifics- My unit works perfectly -- I just need some help involving laabel creating as noted above ---

Thanks,,,,,,Ralph

It doesn't get any more specific than it is NOT compatible. If part of the program works, that's a bonus. Here is the compatible list from Roxio http://kb.roxio.com/...ontent/000075GN

\

I do not understand why you say INCOMPATIBLE, when It is clearly COMPATIBLE and WORKS with my Windows 7----Must be some special reason why you continue to say INCOMPATIBLE, so I guess that I better end this string.

Thank you,,,,,,Ralph

Incompatible simply means - it won't work with Windows 7

Hi Ralph,

You haven't told us if you have the modified 10.3 version which _does_ work in Windows 7, but if you have the old 10.0 or 10.1 versions I think it would be safe to say:

"It isn't certified to work with Windows 7

There are parts of the suite which do not work in Windows 7, and

Parts of it might work but YMMV, and don't moan to us if you waste time or break things."

How's that? :lol:

Cheers,

Brendon

Is this the old bug with the program where you can't autofill to disc using the Labeling program? I think I remember that you have to rip the disc to one of the audio programs and then print from there. I don't remember the specifics. Perhaps someone does or can remember the correct work-around. I think it involves using Music Dic Creator to get the information and then use the labeler there.

Edited by sknis

Hi Brendon,

I only have w7 , and if I break things it wont bother me and I would just appreciate your help- As per help I have Easy Media Creator 10 Suite

Version: 1.0.044 which falls into the category that you say Un-CERTIFIED for W7- But, it WORKS-- Again , I will not blame you if you help me and if it breaks-I wont even bother you for more help.

I am just looking for an easy step by step way of getting songs into label creator with an easy theme as a jacket for my CD's- Maybe there isn't anything other than the help provided with the software.

But as I indicated before, you may have specific reasons for not getting into this -- and I fully understand and will no longer bother you-

Thank you,,,,,Ralph

Hi Ralph,

You haven't told us if you have the modified 10.3 version which _does_ work in Windows 7, but if you have the old 10.0 or 10.1 versions I think it would be safe to say:

"It isn't certified to work with Windows 7

There are parts of the suite which do not work in Windows 7, and

Parts of it might work but YMMV, and don't moan to us if you waste time or break things."

How's that? :lol:

Cheers,

Brendon

Please try to understand - there's nothing we CAN do to help if parts don't work as they should - that's what 'incompatible' means.

This is a known problem with Windows 7 - parts DO break - sometimes right away, sometimes after a period of time, but when they break, they will stay broken and there's no cure at all I'm afraid