I Would Like To Have A User Guide For Roxio Creator 2010

Roy Mayo

Question

Hi,

I am on a very very steep learning curve how to use Roxio Creator 2010.

I have made some progress in the procedures that I need to finish some Copy and Convert, and some MyDVD projects. But as I said, with great difficulty.

Somewhere, not too deep in this support site there is a 'User's Guide'. It is quite good, and it does give the correct sequence of actions to be taken, but sadly, the drop down menus, the buttons to press and the places to click do not always coincide with what is availble on Creator 2010. It takes quite alot of poking around, searching and hoping that clicking on the wrong button does not destroy the work already done. The help menu in the software is of some help, but as with help of this nature, is sometimes too abbreviated, and you must know what to look for in the first instance.

To cut a long story short:

Is there a Uaser's Guide somewhere on the internet, specific to the current version of Creator 2010, SP2.1?

If not, is a User's Guide being prepared which we may see before too long?

If not, what are we advised to use instead, in order to get around this comprehensive but complicated software?

Roy Mayo.

6 answers to this question

Hi,

I am on a very very steep learning curve how to use Roxio Creator 2010.

I have made some progress in the procedures that I need to finish some Copy and Convert, and some MyDVD projects. But as I said, with great difficulty.

Somewhere, not too deep in this support site there is a 'User's Guide'. It is quite good, and it does give the correct sequence of actions to be taken, but sadly, the drop down menus, the buttons to press and the places to click do not always coincide with what is availble on Creator 2010. It takes quite alot of poking around, searching and hoping that clicking on the wrong button does not destroy the work already done. The help menu in the software is of some help, but as with help of this nature, is sometimes too abbreviated, and you must know what to look for in the first instance.

To cut a long story short:

Is there a Uaser's Guide somewhere on the internet, specific to the current version of Creator 2010, SP2.1?

If not, is a User's Guide being prepared which we may see before too long?

If not, what are we advised to use instead, in order to get around this comprehensive but complicated software?

Roy Mayo.

You must have missed it, it is in the forum "How to" and Usability" were you posted this.

Forgive me if I am wrong, but this guide is last updated on 25 August 2009, which is now one year ago, exactly.

That was the one I was referring to and mentioning that it does not exzactly match the current software in Roxio 2010 Pro.

Roy Mayo.

Contact Customer Service.

Forgive me if I am wrong, but this guide is last updated on 25 August 2009, which is now one year ago, exactly.

That was the one I was referring to and mentioning that it does not exzactly match the current software in Roxio 2010 Pro.

Roy Mayo.

There are no updates to the C2010 users guide and I am pretty sure there never will be one.

The UG only covers the most basic features. If you have any specific "How To" questions why not ask here in the forum or read the different "How To" articles.

Most of us have discovered the "How To"s by experimenting.

Yes, of course.

My post was not meant to be a complaint, more of an observation. Although I did hope that a more relevant user guide may become available at some future date.

I emphasise, that the User Guide was of tremendous help, and I am grateful for it.

Roy Mayo.