• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

EdSpode

C++ Runtime Error - Videowave & Mydvd

Question

I just upgraded to “Creator 2010” from the 2007 version of “E M C 10 Suite.” With the help from this Community, I became fairly proficient at editing my family’s 60 year old home movies using the old program. The “E M C 10 Suite” worked; I was able to make some nice DVD’s for our family with music and voice over. But now, I also have a C++ runtime error when I try to start VideoWave or MyDVD using the “Creator 2010” program.

I emailed Roxio Customer Care and they offered some resolutions to the Runtime Error. The one that worked was to uninstall the old and new Roxio programs and reinstall the new program. After this procedure, I immediately tried to open VideoWave – no problem. I imported a mpg file (same as I did with the old Suite program), did some editing, playbacks, etc just to see the difference between the new and old program. Satisfied and relieved that everything worked, I didn’t save the VideoWave edits and just exited the program. That was two days ago and the computer was rebooted overnight. This afternoon, I tried to use VideoWave and MYDVD the original error message popped up -- Runtime Error…..

As always, I would appreciate any suggestion from the Community to rectify my dilemma with the new “Creator 10” program. I’m sure that there is an easy fix. Thank you in advance. Ed in Pennsylvania

My machine is only 2 years old. It’s a HP – Dual core CPU Processor , 4400 @ 2.00 GHz

Ram 2.0 GB, 32 – bit Operating System

Vista Home Premium Service Pack 2

10 answers to this question

I did have a similar experience with Creator 2009 and it happened to be on a Vista PC… It would work then fail.

In my case the HDD failed but its' replacement what been running for 1 1/2 years :D

Of course it may not be the same thing but a backup would be prudent! ;)

2010 has the Repair option, do that and see what happens.

I had the same failing hard drive issue way back in Easy Media Creator 7 days. The issue was that the hard drive was failing but never regiatered as having bad sectors. It checked out OK with chkdsk. Since there were no errors shown on the disc, the program would write to it but could not read from it. Drove me crazy for a week or so. :wacko:

I did have a similar experience with Creator 2009 and it happened to be on a Vista PC… It would work then fail.

In my case the HDD failed but its' replacement what been running for 1 1/2 years :D

Of course it may not be the same thing but a backup would be prudent! ;)

2010 has the Repair option, do that and see what happens.

Jim: Thanks for your quick response. I've searched for the Repair Option on "Creator 2010" but can't find it. Can you show me the way or attach a file.

Thanks, Ed in Pennsylvania

Jim: Thanks for your quick response. I've searched for the Repair Option on "Creator 2010" but can't find it. Can you show me the way or attach a file.

Thanks, Ed in Pennsylvania

Easy as

1:

post-39730-029394400 1282501856.jpg

2:

post-39730-042825100 1282501857.jpg

3: :lol:

post-39730-041608500 1282501858.jpg

(it is Win7 but close enough ;) )

Easy as

1:

post-39730-029394400 1282501856.jpg

2:

post-39730-042825100 1282501857.jpg

3: :lol:

post-39730-041608500 1282501858.jpg

(it is Win7 but close enough ;) )

EUREKA, it worked !!! Jim, I didn’t even know that there was a “Repair” section in the 2010 program. I don’t know how or why it worked. I hope that I don’t have to run this repair every time I reboot….. But if that’s my biggest problem, I am great shape.

Thanks again for your help, your patience, and your time. It is much appreciated.

Ed in Pennsylvania

EUREKA, it worked !!! Jim, I didn’t even know that there was a “Repair” section in the 2010 program. I don’t know how or why it worked. I hope that I don’t have to run this repair every time I reboot….. But if that’s my biggest problem, I am great shape.

Thanks again for your help, your patience, and your time. It is much appreciated.

Ed in Pennsylvania

We are doing 2 different things here Ed…

1. we got it fixed.

2. if it fails again we need to dig deeper fast!!!

Fail could be from an over zealous AV software or Reg Cleaner but a HDD failure is possible too :o

BTW: I live about halfway between Columbia & Mountville...

We are doing 2 different things here Ed…

1. we got it fixed.

2. if it fails again we need to dig deeper fast!!!

Fail could be from an over zealous AV software or Reg Cleaner but a HDD failure is possible too :o

BTW: I live about halfway between Columbia & Mountville...

Jim: I just want to give you a final update. I've turned off and restarted my machine a few time since your last reply and I've had no problems with C++ runtime errors. So, thanks again for your help.

All the best,

Ed in Pennsylvania (near Ft. Washington exit)

Jim: I just want to give you a final update. I've turned off and restarted my machine a few time since your last reply and I've had no problems with C++ runtime errors. So, thanks again for your help.

All the best,

Ed in Pennsylvania (near Ft. Washington exit)

Ft Washington? :o

Often run down that way – MicroCenter @ St David!!! :lol:

Of course everything comes with a price, so we also stop at QVC (Easton) & King of Prussia… ;)

Take Care!

I have been having this issue along with many others using Roxio 2010. Last night I decided to uninstall Roxio 2010, and was planning to reinstall after a reboot. It never got that far. My computer crashed during the uninstall. I had to do a hard reboot. I decided to let the computer rest, when I went back to it 1 hour later and tried to boot it back up. I found that both of my DVD drives (drive D and E) had disappeared from my computer. Since neither one work I cannot reload my device drivers as they are now apparently corrupted.

This is absolutely driving me nuts as my Dell Warranty just expired on August 8.

You have a completely different problem to the thread (and actually it's a Microsoft one)

But anyway - open device manager, find the IDE controllers for the drives, uninstall them and reboot. Windows will re-install them and your drives should re-appear