• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 27 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

mp3

ferrous

Question

I have just dragged a heap of music from my library using drag to disc onto a cd. Some of it is wma some of it is mp3. Will the wma files play on my mp3 player? I did one disc and now I don't seem to be able to do another one???

4 answers to this question

Drag to Disc is a packet writer and like all packet writers is about the least reliable form of burning ever devised… For archiving use Classic set to a Data Disc project.

Playback of wma files is a function of your Player. Either it will or it won't but a check of the manual should tell you.

I have just dragged a heap of music from my library using drag to disc onto a cd. Some of it is wma some of it is mp3. Will the wma files play on my mp3 player? I did one disc and now I don't seem to be able to do another one???

Since Packet-Writing is a computer thing, it may or may not be readable by your mp3 player. (Different Packet-Writing programs - like Drag2Disc, Nero's InCD, Sonic's DLA, etc - are not compatible with each other.) There is also the possibility your player may not be able to deal with the lesser reflectivity of CD-R, altho generally it's been a while since that has been a problem. (RW media has even less reflectivity than R media, compounded by the fact the re-crystalized aluminum alloy will de-crystalize and take the data with it.)

Or is the question not about compatibility with the player, but rather the ability to create the disc?

If so, how about some additional info about what you are doing (in excruciating detail), your Operating System, where the files came from, etc.

Lynn

You've got two different issues here.

One is the way you're writing your disc. Using Drag-To-Disc, you're doing packet writing, which uses a file system that your MP3 player may not support. You would be better off using Creator Classic and burning a "standard" CD.

Two is the .WMA file format. As was stated above, your player may, or may not support .WMA files, and that is fully an issue of your player, and possibly your files. The files themselves may have DRM (Digital Rights Management) embedded in them. And if your player supports .WMA files, it may not allow you to play files that are protected, depending on the source of those files, and if you have permission to play them anywhere.

Does that help?

I think an easier way to accomplish this would be to go to the 7.5 Home application,Music and Create new MP3 disc.This way you'd get an mp3 cd.You could use Sound Editor to convert the .wma files to mp3 before you make the disc that way you would have all mp3 files to work with.You can't add .wma files to an mp3 disc when you are making them this way.

Archived