• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Layer 2 Photos Together

momof67

Question

I have the Roxio Creator 2010, (orange box). I am loving the product, the ease of being able to do everything in one product has been a great relief, and it works great with Windows 7, 64 bit, although sometimes it still crashes my computer, many to many program open?

I am not finding one thing though. I'm trying to create a 50 Year Anniversary DVD and would like to layer a couple of photo's together to create 1 photo. You now like a scene of where they got married and then their wedding photo , put the place behind then them in front?

Is this program capable of doing that and where and how do I accomplish this?

Thanks.

Mom of 6'7"

10 answers to this question

If that is not what you were asking and you are using Edit Video -Advanced to create a video, you can add the main photo to the normal track and then add the "other" photo to an overlay track.

You could also do it with a combination of what Gary suggested and the overlay track.

It is unlikely that you can use a "Green Screen" effect but read about it for potential future use.

Could you clarify just what you are trying to do; your initial post is a bit confusing?

Edited by sknis

Sorry. This is the first time I've had to do this.

My parents got married in the Idaho Falls Temple in 1960. Back then all the photos were black and white and they didn't take many photo's at all of their wedding.

What I want to do is take a photo I have currently of the Idaho Falls Temple, take their black and white wedding photo and "overlay or combine" them into one photo. So the temple is to one side and they are on other side, so it becomes one photo.

Does this help?

My parents got married in the Idaho Falls Temple in 1960. Back then all the photos were black and white and they didn't take many photo's at all of their wedding.

What I want to do is take a photo I have currently of the Idaho Falls Temple, take their black and white wedding photo and "overlay or combine" them into one photo. So the temple is to one side and they are on other side, so it becomes one photo.

Does this help?

Not really. Is your intent to print a photograph? Have you looked at these videos (link). It might be easier to just put them in front of the Temple via the cut out route.

Does this help?

Sounds like a cool project Momof67! Like Gary and Steve said, cutout mask works well for this type of project, but if you find it confusing, you might just combine the images first and then just erase what you don't need. If you want to give it a try, in PhotoSuite:

Go to File > New > New Canvas. Create a canvas the size you want your final image to be (remember to take into account whatever aspect ratio you want, as in if the church image is landscape oriented, then keep your canvas size landscape, unless you intend to crop to portrait).

Once you have created your canvas the size you want, then go to Photo > Open Create > Insert Photos and Cutouts. Navigate to the two images you want to combine and select them and open. Now you should have the two images open over in the bin on the right. (If you don't have the bin, click the little arrow in the top right hand corner to open it.)

In the bin, click and drag the image of your parents so that it is above the image of the church. This will make it the topmost image in your composite. Now, resize the church image to the size you want it to be ultimately on your canvas. Make sure it is selected over in the bin (has a yellow outline around it).

Now, make sure the image of your parents is selected, position them where you want them in the picture, and then go up above the work area and play with the Image Transparency slider so that your parents are still visible, but the church is also visible under them.

Over in the tools panel, click on Tools, and then on Touchup Brush. Scroll down to the transparency brush and click on it. Select one of brushes (I like the second one, kind of a crooked oval).

Now, using the transparency brush, and making sure you parents are still selected, erase around them to reveal the church beneath. You can use larger strokes to get rid of large areas that you don't want, and then play with the brush's transparency slider when you get close to the outline of the people and use the edge fading to blend them into the background image of the church.

Slide the Image Transparency slider (up above the work area) so that your parents image is fully visible. Slide it back to make more adjustments. Save your image in the DMSP format so that you can go back and make more changes if you want to, and then save it to the image format that you need to use.

Edited by karri

Does this help?

Hi! I can also understand that momof67 wants to put a new color photo beside the old black and white photo.

Hi! I can also understand that momof67 wants to put a new color photo beside the old black and white photo.

Yes, that can be done easily with Creating a new canvas and then going to file/insert photo or cutouts. You can drag the files to the right location and resize them. The result will be an odd sized combined image/canvas. That may be OK but what you did (putting the same person twice on the photo) and what was suggested would result in something more than looking like two photos scotched tape together. momof67 never told us what the image was for - printing or ????

By the way, great work. You must have a steady hand and lots of patience. ;)

Edited by sknis