Creator 2010 Special Edition Install Crashes

Playing Thru

Question

Hi I have a Dell Studio 1749 Laptop, with an Intel Core i3 CPU running @ 2.27 GHz that has 4.00 GB RAM, a ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 Video Card with 1G memory. My OS is Windows 7 Home Premium, 64bit.

I have tried to install Roxio Creator 2010 Special Edition several times and everytime it gets to the installing Creator 2009 screen it will process for several minutes and then it appears that when it gets to the next operation (which I assume is installing Creator 2010) it flashes quickly to a blue screen then the monitor will go black. I've let the computer sit for over two hours in this state and it doesn't progress past this point. I've read all the posts I could find about install problems and have not seen this problem described. I have tried every suggestion for installing the software. I have installed all available Windows 7 updates, I have checked to make sure all drivers are up to date. I disabled my McAfee software and disconnected from the network. I tried changing the UAC settings on the administrative account I use to install the software. I installed the DirectX 9c from Microsoft and also the latest DirectX from Microsoft.

When I reboot after the computer crashes the error I get is a missing or corrupted certificate. I uninstall then also run regedit to completely uninstall the software before attempting to reinstall. I even tried to copy the software to my C: drive and install it from there with the same result.

Any ideas? Thanks in advace for any help.

1 answer to this question

Send me your installation log files so I can take a quick look.

http://forums.support.roxio.com/topic/62690-getting-installation-log-files/

Hi I have a Dell Studio 1749 Laptop, with an Intel Core i3 CPU running @ 2.27 GHz that has 4.00 GB RAM, a ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 Video Card with 1G memory. My OS is Windows 7 Home Premium, 64bit.

I have tried to install Roxio Creator 2010 Special Edition several times and everytime it gets to the installing Creator 2009 screen it will process for several minutes and then it appears that when it gets to the next operation (which I assume is installing Creator 2010) it flashes quickly to a blue screen then the monitor will go black. I've let the computer sit for over two hours in this state and it doesn't progress past this point. I've read all the posts I could find about install problems and have not seen this problem described. I have tried every suggestion for installing the software. I have installed all available Windows 7 updates, I have checked to make sure all drivers are up to date. I disabled my McAfee software and disconnected from the network. I tried changing the UAC settings on the administrative account I use to install the software. I installed the DirectX 9c from Microsoft and also the latest DirectX from Microsoft.

When I reboot after the computer crashes the error I get is a missing or corrupted certificate. I uninstall then also run regedit to completely uninstall the software before attempting to reinstall. I even tried to copy the software to my C: drive and install it from there with the same result.

Any ideas? Thanks in advace for any help.