• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 19 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Slideshow Assistant_Production Generation Failed

ColleenC

Question

I have made 3 DVDs now using slideshow assistant, creating an MPEG file and then using MYDVD to make a DVD presentation (viewable on TV DVD player). Today I attempted to make a 4th.

The preview looks wonderful, it saves the project fine, however when I Create File to make my MPEG file it makes it through about 54% of the process and then stops. Indicating "PRODUCTION GENERATION FAILED."

Any suggestions?

3 answers to this question

I have made 3 DVDs now using slideshow assistant, creating an MPEG file and then using MYDVD to make a DVD presentation (viewable on TV DVD player). Today I attempted to make a 4th.

The preview looks wonderful, it saves the project fine, however when I Create File to make my MPEG file it makes it through about 54% of the process and then stops. Indicating "PRODUCTION GENERATION FAILED."

Any suggestions?

Reboot???

Try something else??? :o

When you hit the end, Step 3, select Edit in VideoWave.

See if any of these work, then we will know where to go from there ;)

Rebooted. Then tried to Edit in VideoWave. Received the same message.

Went to Control Panel tried to Repair. Crashed.

Tried to uninstall. Crashed again.

When I finally got my computer back up I found I was missing my two DVD drives. Drives D and E. Cannot reload device drivers because neither CD/DVD drive works.

I'm absolutely sick because my Dell warranty just expired on August 8.

Not sure what to do at this point, have the computer repaired, by an external CD/DVD drive to reload the drivers or buy a new computer.

Everything was fine until I loaded Roxio 2010. Hmmmmmm makes me wonder.

Rebooted. Then tried to Edit in VideoWave. Received the same message.

Went to Control Panel tried to Repair. Crashed.

Tried to uninstall. Crashed again.

When I finally got my computer back up I found I was missing my two DVD drives. Drives D and E. Cannot reload device drivers because neither CD/DVD drive works.

I'm absolutely sick because my Dell warranty just expired on August 8.

Not sure what to do at this point, have the computer repaired, by an external CD/DVD drive to reload the drivers or buy a new computer.

Everything was fine until I loaded Roxio 2010. Hmmmmmm makes me wonder.

Don't be silly! Roxio didn't do anything to your PC, nor did it scramble the clock in your microwave :lol:

Unplug any external drives. Go into device manager and Uninstall your Optical drives – do not disable! Choose Uninstall.

Reboot & tap F8 so you can go into Safe Mode. Let it detect and install the Optical drives then shut down and restart normally.

Where we at now?