• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Video Recorded Slightly Choppy, Vhs To Dvd

MarkusPagosa

Question

I apologize if someone else has already posted about this problem, I saw none.

Everything works fine with the VHS to DVD product except that when I record VHS tapes, the video feed skips a quick half a second every few seconds(and there's a quick static pop or static sound.) It happens more often when there is music playing, lots of action, or lots of things going on at the same time on screen.

I have a Dell XPS 400, Win XP sp3 I think. I'm going through one of the USB's on the back of the computer, not front.

I recently tried clearing up hard space - was running at 4% free, now 16%, and defragged but that did nothing.

I am about to try choosing the highest quality setting but I would need 2 DVD's for one VHS movie.

I would be glad to submit a video segment.

Any tips or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Markus

9 answers to this question

I apologize if someone else has already posted about this problem, I saw none.

Everything works fine with the VHS to DVD product except that when I record VHS tapes, the video feed skips a quick half a second every few seconds(and there's a quick static pop or static sound.) It happens more often when there is music playing, lots of action, or lots of things going on at the same time on screen.

I have a Dell XPS 400, Win XP sp3 I think. I'm going through one of the USB's on the back of the computer, not front.

I recently tried clearing up hard space - was running at 4% free, now 16%, and defragged but that did nothing.

I am about to try choosing the highest quality setting but I would need 2 DVD's for one VHS movie.

I would be glad to submit a video segment.

Any tips or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Markus

Everything points to your PC…

Need to know your PC info, like in my signature…

The Amount of free space on your HDD would be more relevant than knowing the % of un-fragmented space…

It would also be useful to know your V2D Version Number ~ there are 2 that are Win7 Compatible and One that is not!

Looks good Markus! ;) I would like more HDD room but 40 GB is enough...

Since you have the 1.1.125 version (updated to SP2) one thing you can try is changing the Capture Quality…

Try both DV and DV HQ to see if it makes any difference:

post-39730-055106600 1282664905.jpg

Also make sure nothing else is going on while capture – Anti Virus can raise havoc during capture!

I don't have that option that I can tell...

Those options don't show because you are using "Plug&Burn". Capture to a video file and you will be given the options as shown in Jim's pictures.

BTW, Plug&Burn is not recommendedby many of us. A small hiccup and you have a nother coaster.

Alright -

Everything worked brilliantly. The picture quality is even better now that I'm not using Plug and burn.

My only problem now...I used 'create DVD' and tried with menus and w/out and then 'My DVD' in Media Creator 9 and all copies of my movie start skipping at the same place, 44 min. in. But, my original problem has been fixed. This is different. It starts pausing for one second, every other second - off and on for the rest of the movie rendering it unwatchable. I even shut down Trend Micro anti-v./firewall in case that was causing a problem.

Does this sound like a problem with the original movie disc? I cleaned it and tried buffing it (no visible scratches.) I also watched the copied file in WMP and it worked fine, the whole movie.

Any suggestions?

Update: As per your suggestion Jim (sorry, re-read the posts and forgot about edit,) I'm trying 'edit' and rendering it to an external HD as mine in the Dell lacked the space. What I'm noticing as it's rendering is that it's skipping just like it does post burning (at about 44min. in.)- however, it's not consistent. It's 1.5 gigs in and now it seems fine. I'm guessing the final product will be the same as the other bad copies...

Edited by MarkusPagosa

The easy way out would be to capture it in 2 chunks, say 30 minutes each and combine them…

I can only speculate why it begins to breakdown after time. Heat comes to mind since you working your CPU & HDD to the max! Capture Device gets pretty hot too…

One other thing to try is to burn it to a DVD RW??? It may just be in the viewing on the PC and not actually in the file. :mellow:

I would also try it using the V2D Editor & MyDVD.