• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 30 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Bill W

Timing Of Purchase Of 2010

Question

It seems that roxio will not provide an upgrade without charge when someone purchases 2010 within a week of the release of 2011. Even Microsoft will honor the new upgrade when within 30 days. I purchased 2010 last week and now they want to chARGE $29.99 FOR AN UPGRADE TO 2011. They are famous for not fixing problems also - they always make you upgrade to a newer release and charge you for it. Again Microsoft and legitamite companies will support the last 3 releases...Anyone else have these experiences

5 answers to this question

It seems that roxio will not provide an upgrade without charge when someone purchases 2010 within a week of the release of 2011. Even Microsoft will honor the new upgrade when within 30 days. I purchased 2010 last week and now they want to chARGE $29.99 FOR AN UPGRADE TO 2011. They are famous for not fixing problems also - they always make you upgrade to a newer release and charge you for it. Again Microsoft and legitamite companies will support the last 3 releases...Anyone else have these experiences

Probably lots of people have/will experience the same as you. You will have to contact Customer Service and deal with it there.

We are just fellow uses like you, and can not help in this situation.

Good luck

If you purchased Creator 2010 directly from Roxio, ask them for a refund. You have 30 days, from the date of purchase, to do so.

I've gotten in the habit of checking a company's release history before purchasing software after getting burned twice like this. Buy.com (I'm sure there are others, too) often sells the older release with some ridiculously large discount shortly before a new release comes out - so what looks like a deal usually isn't that great if you end up upgrading shortly thereafter. This happened to me with Creator 2010 last year, and when I called customer service they got me a larger discount, and the total price (cheapo deal on 2009 from buy.com + reduced upgrade price from Roxio on 2010) ended up being closer to what I would have paid for the upgrade straight to 2010 directly from Roxio.

~Gary

It may be no consolation, but at least one other company has a similar strategy.

(Edited to remove the name of another company. The name doesn't add anyhting to the post.)

Actually, $29.99 isn't too bad. I'd like that deal.

Edited by sknis

It may be no consolation, but at least one other company has a similar strategy.

Someone else.

Actually, $29.99 isn't too bad. I'd like that deal.

Ken, did you read about the 30 day guarantee if you bought the program from Roxio. If the program was bought through a big box store or from an on-line dealer, they their policy supersedes Roxio's.

Why did you post? Are you a shill for that other company?