• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 23 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Tivo Trasfer From Series 4

rlwpower

Question

I am thinking about purchasing Toast 10 but I need something answered first.

I purchased the old Tivo program from Tivo. I finally completed installation and connected to my Tivo.

I then discovered that out of 30 programs I had, all 30 stated copy protected. Tivo would not actually

allow you to transfer anything off the box. So the program was completely worthless.

Am I going to have the same issue with this program?

If I spend the money will I actually be able to transfer programs to my computer?

1 answer to this question

Very possibly so. You can buy Toast 10 as a download from Roxio and use their 30-day refund policy if it doesn't work the way you want.

The prevention of copying normally is something done by the cable TV provider. They are not allowed to prevent copying of programs from stations that are also available over the air, but some apparently prevent copying of everything else. My cable provider (Comcast in Oregon) is currently allowing copying of most non-premium channels but I never know if that will change.

You may find some online forum where your cable provider is discussed to find out if the problem is them or if it is some glitch in the transfer software or the Tivo.