• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 19 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

SCORPIX

Blue-Ray Disc Device

Question

Hi,

I'm looking for a Blue-Ray burner working on Macpro with Toast 10. Do you have idea of which brand i can choose? I know that Lacie have one but

i wonder if the LG BE08LU20 is working on mac..

Thanks for your help

8 answers to this question

Which Mac Pro? What operating system? Internal or external? Atapi or sata?

'Check out http://eshop.macsales.com/item/Pioneer/BDR205BKMP/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=shoppingengine&utm_campaign=googlebase

and others

Also check out newegg.

Did you do a google search?

And over on Amazon, a reviewer says it worked great with his MacPro, and another with is MacBook.

Hi Rookie,

The mac pro is a quand core ( 2009) operating on MAC OSX 10.5 .. i would like an internal but if necessary i can accept an external.. sat or esata :-)

I do a google search and the only one is a logitec burner but only available in Japan.

thanks in advance for your help

Dale V Raebel,

Which one in panasonic? You are using it with Toast?

Thanks

The internal drive is the Panasonic. OWC uses that in there external burner which has 2 firewire 800 ports, one firewire 400 port, a usb2 port, and esata port. The version I purchased had Toast 10 Titanium Pro coupled with the burner.

Hi,

I'm looking for a Blue-Ray burner working on Macpro with Toast 10. Do you have idea of which brand i can choose? I know that Lacie have one but

i wonder if the LG BE08LU20 is working on mac..

I just bought a MacPro (mid-2010 model) and a few days ago installed the HP 12x Blu-ray burner model BD340i in the number 2 drive slot. This drive was $149 at Frys not including the $20 rebate. I installed Toast 10 and downloaded the blu-ray extra ($20) from Roxio. I've already burned 3 Blu-ray disks successfully. There are a couple of issues however.

Installation was a snap (follow the MacPro instruction manual) with one exception. The front piece of plastic across the burner tray needs to be removed in order for the tray to pop out through the MacPro door. It comes off with a bit of gentle prying to get two very small tabs free. Then the front piece just slides off.

Biggest problem is the 3 disks burned at 1x even though the HP is 12x and the Maxell disks are "1-4x". Don't know why. Sure would like to get 4x.

I migrated video from iMovie 09 to my desktop using the Quicktime export. I specified 1920 x ?? resolution as opposed to using the 720p that the share selection provides.

Toast did a fine job except that the chapters are screwy. The iMovie chapters don't transfer. The Toast chapters are just numbers and they aren't placed as I'd wanted them.

Good Luck

Just a follow-up. The 1x problem seems resolved. Maxell "1-4x" disks must mean "burns at 1x", because I burned Ridata "4x" disks at 4x. I still don't know what the "4" means for the Maxell disks, but don't care as I won't be buying them in the future. Where oh where are disks that will take advantage of 12x?

Edited by RockyBob

I have a MacPro. I have installed the LG BluRay burner Model #WH10LS30 From Meritline, free Shipping. In order for this to open and shut the tray door you must remove the cover of the tray drawer, be careful but once you play around it will snap off, it's in two parts. Also the the dray holder has to rows of mounting holes, I believe if I remember, use the top holes and then hold option and the triangle button (Above Delete) to test if tray is aligned with macPro's bay drawer.

If you have Toast 10 Pro then you have the BD Plug In if not you must add the plug in from Roxio. and yes I have been successful burning Blu Rays. I can burn quite a few DVD movies on one disk and I use the menus to list all of it's contacts. Good luck, It's really a lot of fun with this new format.