• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Will Not Play Movie On Dvd Player

dmpath7

Question

Hi

I have photo show 6 and I cannot play it on my DVD player. I have Sylvania and called the company and said the format should be MPEG4. I have been getting an error on the player saying it cannot recognized it and will not play. How do I convert the movie to mpeg4. Are there any free decoder that I can use. I am using windows xp. Is it better to use DVD-r or DVD-rw.

Appreciate any help

6 answers to this question

Hi

I have photo show 6 and I cannot play it on my DVD player. I have Sylvania and called the company and said the format should be MPEG4. I have been getting an error on the player saying it cannot recognized it and will not play. How do I convert the movie to mpeg4. Are there any free decoder that I can use. I am using windows xp. Is it better to use DVD-r or DVD-rw.

Appreciate any help

First make sure you have the latest build of PhotoShow 6. It should be 830. You can see that when you open the application OR by clicking "about".

Are you trying to play the PhotoShow on your computer or on a DVD? Sylvania what TV or DVD player.

Sylvania is wrong. In the last step. all you have to chose is "make DVD". DVD formats are universal; they play on any DVD player. What brand and type of DVD are you using. Do not use RW, do not use Memorex or cheap store brands.

There are free recorders but a mpeg4 file is just that a video file. They play great on a computer and certain portable devices but no standard DVD player will play it unless it is authored on a DVD. When authored, it is a mpeg2 file and the disc contains the instructions to tell the DVD player that it is a movie disc and where the things are on the disc.

In the last step. what happens if you select make DVD? Do you have a computer with a DVD burner? Older computes may have a DVD ROM - reader but not writer.

I am trying to play on my DVD player. I am using DVD-rw and DVD-r. I am using photo story 6 and check to see if it was 830. It is. I also have the premium plan. Today I downloaded "so think" movie DVD player. It did fine and played on the TV, but my music and video had a squeaky voice. I am waiting to find out how to fix this. Have you heard about this movie maker. I did burn it also from my burner on my computer and it took about two hours but when I put it in the DVD player an error message said cannot read the disk. Sylvania told me to use DVD-RW. I should use DVD-R instead. So the format should be mpeg2file? Thanks for the information. I have been getting so many different answers and nothing seems to work.

I am trying to play on my DVD player. I am using DVD-rw and DVD-r. I am using photo story 6 and check to see if it was 830. It is. I also have the premium plan. Today I downloaded "so think" movie DVD player. It did fine and played on the TV, but my music and video had a squeaky voice. I am waiting to find out how to fix this. Have you heard about this movie maker. I did burn it also from my burner on my computer and it took about two hours but when I put it in the DVD player an error message said cannot read the disk. Sylvania told me to use DVD-RW. I should use DVD-R instead. So the format should be mpeg2file? Thanks for the information. I have been getting so many different answers and nothing seems to work.

Yes, and now you are getting me confused. If you want ot talk about PHOTO STORY go elsewhere; that is a Microsoft application. The product here is PhotoShow. You have to be accurate and logical if you really want help. Until you stop trying other programs, we can't help because there may be interactions.

We are also not looking over your shoulder not can we ask questions and have you back up what you say as if we were on a phone.

Forget what Sylvania told you about mp4 files. They don't know the program. What model number is the Sylvania DVD player. I assume they got it right with the dash type disc (as opposed to the +) disc). You don't have to know about mpeg2 files; that is all automatic.

Are you using the on-line version of PhotoShow or are you using the desktop version of PhotoShow 6? Are you trying to use any video? What music are you trying to use.

Do you have a DVD burner? Post your computer specs or at least the manufacturer and full. model number

I still can't figure out what you are doing. When you get to this page, what do you do?

post-58-094672200 1282868026.jpg

Edited by sknis

Hi

Sorry I am using photo show

The model of the DVD player is Sylvania DVR90VE. I used the DVD-R or RW

I am using the desktop version photo show 6 and have the latest updates.

When I finished making the story I did go to the next page and selected the button that said burn photo show to a disk.

I did use videos from my camera and mp3 music file. Everything went well and had no problem viewing the final story. It is just after I burned the disk from their program and wasn't able to view it on the DVD player.

I did have Nero, but not now. I do not know what the name of the dv burner is. I have Gateway Model GT5040. I am going to try burning it again. Thanks for your time on explaining some things to me.

Hi

Sorry I am using photo show

The model of the DVD player is Sylvania DVR90VE. I used the DVD-R or RW

I am using the desktop version photo show 6 and have the latest updates.

When I finished making the story I did go to the next page and selected the button that said burn photo show to a disk.

I did use videos from my camera and mp3 music file. Everything went well and had no problem viewing the final story. It is just after I burned the disk from their program and wasn't able to view it on the DVD player.

I did have Nero, but not now. I do not know what the name of the dv burner is. I have Gateway Model GT5040. I am going to try burning it again. Thanks for your time on explaining some things to me.

Can you view it on your computer?

What brand of disc's are you using? Verbatim and Taiyo Yuden are highly recomended on here, stay away from store brands and Memorex.

Do you have another DVD player that you can try it on? My guess is that the DRV90VE needs a firmware update to handle the discs. I saw the information on a needed firmware update in an on-line discussion. I looked but apparently that is an older model and I could not find anything on the Sylvania web site. Perhaps you will have better luck.

Have you ever tried to play a home burned disc in the device before? If it worked before, then the previous post is the import one about the quality of the disc.