• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Will You Support Ipad3D / Openkmq Video As Well ?

ggrussell

Question

15 answers to this question

This is the Videowave Add Video dialog box once I have chosen a video file. Second shot is output. So to answer your question, it does support that format.

Thanks, over/under R/L is supported, but for optimum viewing experience with the prism/mirror viewers, a black border/letterbox is strongly recommended.

So to achieve a 768x1024 video I need two 768x512 views with letterbox. Is this very tricky do achieve ?

I've never tried it so no idea. I'll have to see what I Can find out.

Does this image work with your glasses? This is using the still image 3D feature. I'll see with happens when I add it to a 3D Video project.

Check out this really short video. I used the still image above and added pan / zoom for movement.

post-49-065550500 1282835665.jpg

Edited by ggrussell

I've never tried it so no idea. I'll have to see what I Can find out.

Does this image work with your glasses? This is using the still image 3D feature. I'll see with happens when I add it to a 3D Video project.

Check out this really short video. I used the still image above and added pan / zoom for movement.

Unfortunately, I could not download the mp4 due to "capacity problems" but I tried the still.

It seems to be pseudo3D ( left on top instead of right view). Please stick to the scheme as described in the bw image/scribble. And to the exact sizes.

The gaps and centering are very important because you can either handheld the viewer or use a stand. The stand also supports a mirror based system called jpsOneEye and next month there will be a jpsOneEye cinemax to have imax3d like expierence on your iPad or LCD screen.

No idea what you are talking about. The image WAS a 2D that was converted to 3D using an application included in C2011. So yes it is a pseudo3D.

( left on top instead of right view
That's because I chose that as the output. The app also supports Top/Bottom R/L.

I would say that what you are looking for is NOT supported. None of the Top/Bottom output has a black border in the middle. Why am I not surprised that Apple has do everything different from everyone else?

openKMQ - did you type it correctly. Google has Nothing on it. :o

Edited by ggrussell

No idea what you are talking about. The image WAS a 2D that was converted to 3D using an application included in C2011. So yes it is a pseudo3D.

That's because I chose that as the output. The app also supports Top/Bottom R/L.

I would say that what you are looking for is NOT supported. None of the Top/Bottom output has a black border in the middle.

It was already my assumption, that the format is NOT supported.

I want do encourage roxio to add support for it ;-)

But maybe ROXIO does not listen here.

This is NOT an official Apple format, nor limited to Apple iPad/iMac/iBook. It's the use of a 1980ies device on current digital gear. The huge interest of Apple users in this is because they cannot add 120Hz 3D LCDs like PC users can.

The gaps are for viewing comfort when using a $10 device when one normaly would spend thousands for a full blown 3DTV with a couple of shutter glasses.

"Pseudoscopic / pseudo3D" does not mean fake-3d. The term describes stereoscopic content with swapped views.

<RUDE stuff deleted> I appreciate your kind support in this. I very much hope, you dig deeper into 3-D ;-)

Edited by pixelpartner

Perhaps if and when a new version of Toast comes out. :blink::P O rmaybe Creator 2012 or 2013.

I doubt that Roxio or any other commercial software developer will invest much on non-standard technology unless they have a major $$$ interest. It just is not economically justifiable.

Perhaps if and when a new version of Toast comes out. :blink::P O rmaybe Creator 2012 or 2013.

I doubt that Roxio or any other commercial software developer will invest much on non-standard technology unless they have a major $$$ interest. It just is not economically justifiable.

Hi sknis, how economical would you estimate the iPad class device community ? Ever touched one ? Ever watched a 3-D movie on it ? Ever posted a 3-D video to a portal not mangling the content like YT3D does.

Edited by pixelpartner

Hi sknis, how economical would you estimate the iPad class device community ? Ever touched one ? Ever watched a 3-D movie on it ? Ever posted a 3-D video to a portal not mangling the content like YT3D does.

8 million or so IPad sold. Yes, I played with one but not 3D. Unknown number of people who would be interested in wearing glasses to watch a 3D movie on a small screen. NEVER posted a 3D video.

You are obviously an expert and perhaps even work for the company developing the technology. This class of consumer products are not where the consumer action is; you would have to look at prosumer products. Most people here would not wear the glasses to watch 3D, perhaps when the new TVs come out that provide 3D without the glasses, more people would be interested.

I'm not here to argue nor to discuss the possibilities of 3D video editing. I gave you an answer based on Roxio's past performance. You already know that Creator 2011 will not do what you want. Remember we are NOT Roxio employees.

Contact Roxio directly to place your request. Perhaps you can provide them with the cost and business studies that you seem to have. Your question has been answered to the best of our ability to answer. The nest step would be the direct contact with Sonic Solutions, the parental company for Roxio.

Any idea of how many of the 650 or so "hits" on the instructions led to people making/using the device. 650 is not very many hits or interest. You post si coming close to be considered spam and spam is not permitted.

Edited by sknis

The point is that what you are describing is NOT an 'official' iPad or Apple mod - it's a home brew, non-commercial device and, as such, is very unlikely ever to get any software support.

Thanks, it already is supported by software packages to play 3Dbluray content and to show 3-D still galleries and PDF 3-D photobooks.

It's just not a top down, but a buttom up standard. But as I clearly hear - that's not the Roxio community.

You're right, a $10 item in commercial production since 1983 to replace gear worth $2000 is not interesting for the amazon type of dealer.

As a software developer for Windows, OSX and iOS, I estimate the coding/testing/documentation efforts to support this output as 20 hours.

But it opens up 3-D content usage for ALL PC/iMac/Linux/potraitModeTablet devices on the planet. Do the math yourself.

I could code a 3-D video suite on my own, but would spend 5'000+ hours to do so, that's why I first look around and inform communities.

8 million or so IPad sold. Yes, I played with one but not 3D. Unknown number of people who would be interested in wearing glasses to watch a 3D movie on a small screen. NEVER posted a 3D video.

You are obviously an expert and perhaps even work for the company developing the technology. This class of consumer products are not where the consumer action is; you would have to look at prosumer products. Most people here would not wear the glasses to watch 3D, perhaps when the new TVs come out that provide 3D without the glasses, more people would be interested.

I'm not here to argue nor to discuss the possibilities of 3D video editing. I gave you an answer based on Roxio's past performance. You already know that Creator 2011 will not do what you want. Remember we are NOT Roxio employees.

Contact Roxio directly to place your request. Perhaps you can provide them with the cost and business studies that you seem to have. Your question has been answered to the best of our ability to answer. The nest step would be the direct contact with Sonic Solutions, the parental company for Roxio.

Any idea of how many of the 650 or so "hits" on the instructions led to people making/using the device. 650 is not very many hits or interest. You post si coming close to be considered spam and spam is not permitted.

Yes, I should contact Sonic directly. And because you consider my posts SPAM-like, I hereby stop posting. Thanks for listing ;-)

I looked at the link you gave and there is NO way that a set of plans with an instruction to 'bring it to a woodworking shop' can EVER be classed as a 'commercial' solution.

If it was in kit form, it may just scrape into the 'comemrcial' area but it doesn't even have that going for it. It's is STILL a 'DIY' answer and DIY products do not get support. It's just not commercially feasible.

Commercial software is geared to a mass market and no company will waste man-hours in producing something with limited demand (and that IS a limited demad as shown by the fact that you can't even order a ready made viewer - the number of iPads sold is irrelevant here)

I looked at the link you gave and there is NO way that a set of plans with an instruction to 'bring it to a woodworking shop' can EVER be classed as a 'commercial' solution.

If it was in kit form, it may just scrape into the 'comemrcial' area but it doesn't even have that going for it. It's is STILL a 'DIY' answer and DIY products do not get support. It's just not commercially feasible.

Commercial software is geared to a mass market and no company will waste man-hours in producing something with limited demand (and that IS a limited demad as shown by the fact that you can't even order a ready made viewer - the number of iPads sold is irrelevant here)

Dear gi7omy,

The link points to a DIY accessory for the commercial viewer to achieve best performance with the ipad.

But as you reject this as being non-commercial, I have to proof contrary.

The viewer can be ordered at http://www.berezin.com/3d/kmq_viewer.htm and works on its own.

Another viewer based on first surface mirrors is http://tyrell-innovations-usa.com/shop/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage-ask.tpl&product_id=32&category_id=6&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=4

I don't sell kits to those dealers, but use and recommend the tyrell products and therefor hope you do not consider this SPAM.

The stand as well as other kits can be ordered ready-made, but as of now, not in the US.

Based on your comments, I now agree that most Roxio users are not likely to become openKMQ users and will stick to anaglyph "legacy 3-D" glasses.

But I might become a Roxio Creator 2010 user if I figure out how to letterbox both views to fill 768x512 before exporting - or learn to live without black gaps. Infact IMHO not the prosumers but the consumers should watch out for freedom of 3-D presentation.

And like you, I would very much like to have glasses free 3-D.

I hope the promising 3M patents for autostereoscopic LCD backlights are licenced and used soon.

I might be able to create a custom video resolution output, but as for the letterbox with 80 pixel black in the middle, I don't think it's possible. If you take another look at my attachments above, you can see there are many different types of 3D that are not anaglyphic. RealD is already supported in some HDTV sets being sold now.

As far as I am concerned, 3D without ANY type of glasses or devices is the only thing that might become popular.

I might be able to create a custom video resolution output, but as for the letterbox with 80 pixel black in the middle, I don't think it's possible. If you take another look at my attachments above, you can see there are many different types of 3D that are not anaglyphic. RealD is already supported in some HDTV sets being sold now.

As far as I am concerned, 3D without ANY type of glasses or devices is the only thing that might become popular.

Thanks Gray, your screenshots and comments helped me alot. Please allow another question.

Is it possible to do a Picture in Picture Effect, i.e. have a Black 768x512 single frame video extended to track length and place my 640x480 or like inside?

I have 3 pairs of Canon PowerShot TX1, synched for precise 3D work with the open source firmware extension StereoDataMaker (stills will synch 1/3000 sec, video is frame accurate). The rigs cost $20 each.

For editing I currently use a high end compositing tool eyeon FUSION, normally used for hollywood VFX work. There I can also animate convergence and compensate for any mechanical/optical misaligment. This way, I rarely use the full width of 1280px and often also loose a few pixels in height.

Does Creator2010 allow for convergence alignment ? It's an important step in 3D workflows and the magic sauce of Avatar's success.

Edited by pixelpartner

Nope, Creator 2011 suite has always been aimed at less experienced consumers trying to keep everything 'simple'. What you need is something waaaay more advanced.

And serious dude, your posts really do read more like Spam. If are you doing 3D on the level of Avatar, I have to question why you are posting here.

Edited by ggrussell