Del Installed Creator Locking Up Laptop

Stenty

Question

Hello,

I have a 3yo Dell Latitude D520 XP PRO SP3 and all updates. I used Roxio Creator Plus to make a copy of all of My Pictures onto a DVD using the Data Disc option in the program. The copy went well but whenever I put the DVD into my laptop, everthing comes to a extre,ely slow crawl...so slow that you'd swear it was frozen up but it's not. Any ideas?

Also, when I close the program, I get three messages:

1. The instruction at 0xfffffff referenced memory at 0xfffffff. The memory could not be "read" Click OK to terminate the program.

2. The instruction at 0x015f5888 referenced memory ... and so on.

3. Runtime Error! R6025 pure virtual function call. Sonic Central\Main\Mediahub.exe

Edited by Stenty

8 answers to this question

Normally I'd suggest a clean install or a repair, but you have a pre-installed Dell OEM version (and probably no disc to do the re-install with)

All I can suggest here is that you contact Dell and, when they try to fob you off, remind them that as OEM suppliers they agreed to handle support

Hi, actually I do have the disk and I've reinstalled and activated updates. The program seems to work fine. It's the disk that it wrote has me confused and concerned. I can see all of the files in Explore or My Computer. Its just when I try to copy them to my HDD that things get slow. I've tried cut and paste and Microsoft Scanner and Camera Wizard. With the wizard, pictures copy ok but video clips are brutally slow. I can play the vids fine right from the DVD but I want to get them on my HDD so I can send them.

Ed

ok, went to D Manager, r clicked the drive, can't find anything concerning mode. Where should I look?

Also went to Dell forum and found a download on the Roxio site to fix the error codes. Surpised that I couldn't find that searching the Roxio site myself. Will try that now to see about the error codes.

You won't find Dell OEM updates on the Roxio site - as I said earlier, ALL support for 10.3 comes from Dell themselves

What you're looking for in Device Manager should be similar to this (Windows 7 64 bit - other gfersions may appear differently)

post-2743-066500100 1282858245.jpg

Edited by gi7omy

I'm in and was in DMA mode. I'm perplexed.

Maybe I'll just copy the pic files for now. The MS Scanner/Camera Wizard just bogs down the system on vid files even though it trransfered a few. Maybe it's specific vid files.

Also, If I explore the DVD through My Computer, I can't click folders too quickly or it again bogs the laptop. Is there a better way of making a DVD of pics and vids. Should I have not used "Data Disc"?