• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Looping Video

Dynamicworm

Question

5 answers to this question

Just searched on this and found suggestions such as press stop on the DVD player and put a menu on there so I'm assuming it isn't actually possible to just get it to stop, the nature of the beast for this type of software I guess. I'm so used to using DVD Studio Pro that I just assumed all DVD authoring software let you control certain things.

In Toast, you're right but in DVD SP it wont loop unless you specifically tell it to, it will just stop. I suspect DVD SP is the professional norm as I can see no advantage to something looping infinitely - why would you want to watch something then immediately watch it again unless it was an exhibition or something ?

Of course I'm talking about a DVD with no menus and effectively one chapter.

No I don't have it continuously playing ticked, only to play automatically when inserted

You might well ask why I don't use DVD SP if I like it so much, well I've been having reliability issues with Compressor and Toast actually does a very good job in comparison and is stable as far as I can tell. If there was a way of just encoding in Toast then burning in DVDSP I'd have the best of both worlds !

Thanks for your comments though.

Edited by Dynamicworm