Poor Qulity Capture

wblock@cnu.edu

Question

6 answers to this question

I am trying to capture video from some old VHS tapes and it is not working well. The capture breaks up a lot and sometimes has a brief solid green screen. Sometimes the screen even splits in half. Any idea what I might be doing wrong? Thanks.

How are you capturing? What computer do you have? What versdion of what application are you using? Have you tried a different VHS player. Have you looked at the tapes on a TV before capturing? Have you adjusted the tracking.

Why don't you fgive us some idea of the details rather than saying my car isn't running right - when there are 100 cars that could be yours? :rolleyes:

I am trying to capture video from some old VHS tapes and it is not working well. The capture breaks up a lot and sometimes has a brief solid green screen. Sometimes the screen even splits in half. Any idea what I might be doing wrong? Thanks.

Also, try another video source like a DVD player/camcorder.

This type of trouble is reported over and over by users, and I have yet to see a problem with the Roxio software or hardware.

By trying another video source right of the bat we eliminate one possible cause of your problem.

How are you capturing? What computer do you have? What versdion of what application are you using? Have you tried a different VHS player. Have you looked at the tapes on a TV before capturing? Have you adjusted the tracking.

Why don't you fgive us some idea of the details rather than saying my car isn't running right - when there are 100 cars that could be yours? :rolleyes:

You're right. I should have been more explicit about this. It is something I am very new at. I am using the capture device that came with the Creator 2010 software. I have a Gateway computer with 2.0 GB of RAM and 1.2 processor. The tapes play fine on a TV and I have tried two different players. I'm not sure now to adjust the tracking or if I may not have some particular settings wrong in the Creator 2010 software.

One other thing I forgot to mention is that I am not having any trouble capturing from a camcorder.

What kind of a 1.2 CPU? :blink: Did you type that wrong? Did you read the system requirements for the program?

What kind of camcorder? How are you capturing that? What format are you capturing? Read the manual on the VHS for tracking control but if they play OK on a TV , it is probably reasonable. Do you have access to a different VHS player?