• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 23 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
Shervinator

"no Matching Video" In Imovie... Help?

Question

So I successfully converted my video from Hi8 to an MPEG file on my iMac. However, after it takes me to the "Send to Toast/iMovie/Quicktime Player" screen and I click "iMovie" (and after an eternity of "One moment please"), iMovie tells me that there is "no matching video. Choose a different option from the Show pop-up menu at the lower left corner."

What to do? My video needs to be edited (mainly just cutting segments out).

HELP!

1 answer to this question

I don't know why that happened. I found it helpful to have iMovie open before I click the link to send it to iMovie. Meanwhile, you don't need iMovie to edit out segments of the video. Add the MPEG video to Toast (with DVD video selected as the format in the Video window). Select the video and click the Edit button. Click the Edit button that is in the window that appears. This launches the Toast Video Player/Editor. Here you can place a marker at the start point where you want to delete some content. Drag the right half of that marker to the ending point of the edit. Repeat for other segments you want to omit. Choose Save and return to Toast. You'll now see that Toast reports that your movie is shorter than it was before. Proceed to prepare and burn your edited DVD.

The Toast editor does not modify the original file. It just tells Toast to skip marked segments when making the DVD.