• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Some Questions About Titles And Native 3D Video

3DMOVIEMAN

Question

I was wondering if I can create stereoscopic titles for videos (make the titles pop out of the screen) and I am also wondering if I can adjust the convergence of real (not converted) stereoscopic footage with this software. I own several 3D cameras and I am anxious to try it out but, I need a little more information.

Thanks!

Ryan

10 answers to this question

I was wondering if I can create stereoscopic titles for videos (make the titles pop out of the screen) and I am also wondering if I can adjust the convergence of real (not converted) stereoscopic footage with this software. I own several 3D cameras and I am anxious to try it out but, I need a little more information.

Thanks!

Ryan

Like Gary, I'm not sure if I can help much but perhaps you can judge from the images below.

Image of the screen you get when you select to make a 3D project in (Edit-Video Advanced)Video Wave. Does one of these meet your camcorder format?

If you want to make a 3D photo, you can select a left eye and right eye images and then adjust them for best appearance. Other choices are shown

In Create DVD you can add a cyan/red or a Real3d video.

I'm not sure that "pop" is the right word for the Titles. I don't have a Real3d to test but the cyan/red anaglyph does give a 3D menu.

Suggestion. If there is some information that looks good to you, buy Creator 2011 directly from Roxio's on-line store. If you do, you can return it with in 30 days for your money back. Don't wait until the 29th day; you should know in a weeks or so.

post-58-055187200 1283092825.jpg

post-58-091507900 1283092837.jpg

post-58-059841300 1283092854.jpg

post-58-069135800 1283092864.jpg

Edited by sknis

Thanks for responding guys! I was wondering if there is a feature similar to 3D photo adjust for 3D video, I don't see any reference to it for 3D video.

I was also wondering is the video overlay text stereoscopic? Would I have the ability to put text on a 3D video and have it stick out of the screen? I suppose my original post wasn't very specific, I apologize for my poor choice of words. I do have video and photos that match the 3D input formats, I have a Fuji W1 that uses the MPO format and I also have an Aiptek 3D camcorder that uses a Half Width L/R format. I like the fact the software has transitions for stereoscopic video and the ability to output to YouTube & make discs for standalone players so I am definitely considering a purchase.

Ryan

There are no adjusts for 3D video. The text seems to be on the upper most layer so seems to 'float' in front for the video. I don't see any particular text effect make the text 'pop' out though. Here is a quick video I did on YouTube. Original is a 2D video converted to 3D so the 3D isn't that great on the fish. You might be able to see the affect on the text.

Edited by ggrussell

Not a real good example for a video, but maybe you can see how the text works out.

Not only is the video not very good, but the initial default-color title is grey and almost invisible.

For the purpose of answering the question of how titles look in 3D anaglyph videos made via the Roxio software, I used Creator 2011 to make a brief video from two short native Fuji W3 3D clips supplied on the Fuji web site and in another forum by a user, and added a title (and one transition).

The video is 720p. Use your red/cyan glasses.

The title does pop out above the scene, as was stated but that property less obvious in the posted "example" video. Obviously how the title looks also depends on the color chosen. Yellow and blue do well in anaglyph, so that is what I chose for the title colors. Grey and white are drab, and that is not going to pop.

What I did took less than 5 minutes to put together.

Edited by markr041

DSCF0031A.jpg

Who's driving the boat :lol:

Loved the Pom ;) What is his actual color?

boat: I guess that's why they are screaming.

pom: light brown and white, based on the original video (left eye). It is too bad what red/cyan anaglyph does to colors that have some red. I now look for blue green or yellow subjects!

Edited by markr041

There is a very large 3D community that have been doing digital stereo for more than a decade. Free and powerful software is available here:

http://stereo.jpn.org/eng/index.html

Roxio 2011 has major problems with 3D transitions (don't even try until this is fixed). It also is incapable of resizing still stereo images (two joined side by side images of 3500x2500 pixels, for example. All stereo images must be 1980 x 1024 for each side of the stereo still pair, or it will not encode. Use StereoPhoto maker to accomplish resizing. Roxio will squish the width of the image pair from 3960x1020 to 1980x1020 in the encoding process. While one could easily and quickly do this horizontal squeeze using SPM, there is no way (that I have found) to load such "packed" frames directly.

The pan and zoom effect in 3D is very cool, except for the fact that zooming into a 1080p image on a 1080p monitor simply creates "empty" resolution. To bad the still images are not loaded in their native resolution with the output of the zoom process being 1080p.