• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Question

Under 2010 version. I had multiple choices to choose from when changing menu styles. Under 2011 there are only 6. How can I find more choices? The one inparticular I was looking for was the one from 2010 called cruises.

21 answers to this question

There should have been a 'Content' file to download. That file has all the extra DVD menus plus other files for PhotoSuite, etc.

How many installation files do you have? Did you install them all?

Where do I go to install these? I'm having the same problem. I downloaded from online and thought that it installed everything that I needed...

I believe there should be two files to download. Install disc and Content disc.

Thank you for replying. I don't have the disk. I ordered from online...and did a digital download.

I just went into my order to see if there were more than one download but there is only 1. I'm wondering if maybe I'm missing other important roxio parts. When I tried to burn a CD today it told me to put in a blank cd...which I did then I selected burn. Then another box came up and told me to insert a blank cd. A blank cd was already in. I just exported the file to my itunes and burned it from there but now that i see that im missing menu styles maybe it's all related.

I trhink you're confusing the order with the download

You download one suite - but that consists of three separate files and you'd need to check on the download link to get the other two

On the second point - if the tunes were iTunes, then you HAVE to burn them with the Apple software (you can rip them off the CD once that's done, but you can't write them to CD with any other software)

I trhink you're confusing the order with the download

You download one suite - but that consists of three separate files and you'd need to check on the download link to get the other two

On the second point - if the tunes were iTunes, then you HAVE to burn them with the Apple software (you can rip them off the CD once that's done, but you can't write them to CD with any other software)

Yeah I checked the download files and there is only 1....mmmmmm.

The songs weren't itune songs. I was able to edit it in sound editor then moved it to music disc creator. It seemed fine but wouldn't burn it. It seemed like is was going to but...i don't know.

I really want to figure out how to get these menu styles though... THANKS FOR REPLYING!

What is the Full Name of this file?

What is its' Size?

(I suspect it is just the download stub file that is used to get the others :huh: )

I contacted Roxio and they told me that Creator 2011 only has 6 menu styles...

customer : In My DVD I only have 6 menu styles to choose from. I had Creator 2010 and had a lot to choose from

Mayfair : I see. Are you getting any error message when using the software?

customer : no

Mayfair : Amanda, with regard to MyDVD concern, for Creator 2011 you have only 6 menu styles avaialble.

Amanda : why? With 2010 I had probably 20.

Mayfair : Yes, that is correct. However for the latest version we have only 6 menu style available to other features added on the software.

Amanda : Can I purchase more?

Mayfair : Amanda, no you can't purchase the additional features. This is designed on the software itself.

Amanda : I want my 2010 back

Amanda : This is the main reason I purchase Roxio is for home movies

Amanda : On the discussion board people told me that they have all the menu styles for 2011

Mayfair : Amanda, unfortunately, you have only 6 style menus on Roxio My DVD.

Which do you have? My DVD is only one part of the whole suite (Creator 2011)

Do you have Creator 2011 od My DVD 10?

I contacted Roxio and they told me that Creator 2011 only has 6 menu styles...

customer : In My DVD I only have 6 menu styles to choose from. I had Creator 2010 and had a lot to choose from

Mayfair : I see. Are you getting any error message when using the software?

customer : no

Mayfair : Amanda, with regard to MyDVD concern, for Creator 2011 you have only 6 menu styles avaialble.

Amanda : why? With 2010 I had probably 20.

Mayfair : Yes, that is correct. However for the latest version we have only 6 menu style available to other features added on the software.

Amanda : Can I purchase more?

Mayfair : Amanda, no you can't purchase the additional features. This is designed on the software itself.

Amanda : I want my 2010 back

Amanda : This is the main reason I purchase Roxio is for home movies

Amanda : On the discussion board people told me that they have all the menu styles for 2011

Mayfair : Amanda, unfortunately, you have only 6 style menus on Roxio My DVD.

C2011 has just as many menu styles as C2010 if not more. "Mayfair" doesn't have a clue what he/she is talking about. If you only have 6 menu styles then you didn't install the Content file or your whole install is corrupt.

Why not answer the questions asked if we are to help you.

C2011 has just as many menu styles as C2010 if not more. "Mayfair" doesn't have a clue what he/she is talking about. If you only have 6 menu styles then you didn't install the Content file or your whole install is corrupt.

Why not answer the questions asked if we are to help you.

OK. The answers...I'm having a hard time answering the questions because I don't know how to where to find the answers...

I bought Roxio Creator 2011 for (sale price) $79.99 last weekend from Roxio's online store. I only have one download button to press. I've only downloaded it once - when I ordered. I did go to my order and try to press the download button again but it says I can only download it 3 times. I only downloaded it 1 time so I'm confused about that.

When I want to open Roxio to create and burn my home movie I go to my start menu - I have Roxio and Roxio 2011 to choose from. I select Roxio 2011 I then have Creator 2011 or Application to choose from. Either way when I open MY DVD a box pops up asking me if I want 2D or 3D. I choose 2D. When I go to the menu styles it only has 6.

When you downloaded the file, what was the file name and the file size on the hard drive? Just open Windows Explorer, right click on the file and choose Properties.

When you downloaded the file, what was the file name and the file size on the hard drive? Just open Windows Explorer, right click on the file and choose Properties.

Ok

Roxio 2011

size 22.2 KB

size on disk 48.0KB

Contains 12 files 1 folder

created October 16, 2010

That isn't a file. Sounds more like a folder. I meant the file that you downloaded from the internet. Open that folder and list what files are there and their size.

That isn't a file. Sounds more like a folder. I meant the file that you downloaded from the internet. Open that folder and list what files are there and their size.

I didn't save that folder. I only ran it. Thank you for helping me.

Since you purchased only last weekend, you should still be able to download the files again. Just open the email that you received and click on the link again. I think the first file you download is small and it is nothing more than a Download Manager that helps you download the real C2011 files. It allows you you continue a download if something fails or get disconnected in the middle of a download. The Download Manager will also show you how many files will be downloaded. not sure, but I think the standard version has 2 files: Install and Content. The Pro version has three files: Install, Content, and 3rd Party apps.

If you try downloading again, try to see where the Download Manager is saving the files to your hard drive. IF it asks where, then save the files somewhere you know. When the download is finished, make sure to backup the files to a data DVD.

Edited by ggrussell

I didn't save that folder. I only ran it. Thank you for helping me.

I FIGURED IT OUT!!! I had to redownload and save it to my desktop. After the download, which contains two files--Roxio 2011 and Roxio 2011 Content, I had to go to the folder (under the download file) and open the content file. It's confusing because Roxio2011 runs automatically but the content file doesn't. I had to run it myself.

Thanks for everyone's help. I wish that the Roxio tech support knew more about their product (see excerpt, from my convo with them, above)

Glad you figured it out. Now you need to back up both files! Use Creator Classic or the Create Data Disc option. Burn the files as they are to a data DVD for back. As a second option, use a Zip app to uncompress the files to a folder. Then burn to a data DVD. That will create a disc that you can install from.