• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Cineplayer Bd Hangs

BobK47

Question

I am running Creator 2010 Pro with the Cineplayer BD player plugin. The player hangs after a commercial Blu-Ray disc loads. It does not display the BD menu. I have a HP Pavilion d4100e with a LG WH08LS20 BD burner. The Cyberlink PowerDVD Blu-Ray player does work with the same hardware configuration. I have worked with Roxio support for about one and a half months. They have not been able to resolve the issue and are offering a refund. Before I take their money, does anyone have any suggestions that I have not tried already? See the attached trouble ticket for details.

Thanks, Bob

Roxio_987196.txt

7 answers to this question

I am running Creator 2010 Pro with the Cineplayer BD player plugin. The player hangs after a commercial Blu-Ray disc loads. It does not display the BD menu. I have a HP Pavilion d4100e with a LG WH08LS20 BD burner. The Cyberlink PowerDVD Blu-Ray player does work with the same hardware configuration. I have worked with Roxio support for about one and a half months. They have not been able to resolve the issue and are offering a refund. Before I take their money, does anyone have any suggestions that I have not tried already? See the attached trouble ticket for details.

Thanks, Bob

Just to let you know that I have both CinePlayer and Power DVD on my W7 computer and they both work properly. I see that you using XP but I don't think that would be a cause of any interference between the two.

Have you looked for a firmware update to that burner? How old is it?

I have no suggestions for a solution. Sometimes other software or a setting can be a cause but those are often difficult to diagnose and fix without a format of the system.

Thanks, Bob

I have both Cineplayer BD and Cyberlink PowerDVD on my XP computer, and I had a problem with Cineplayer. I don't know if this will work for you, but it did for me......

In Cineplayer BD, under Settings/Video, click to the left of Off, for Hardware Acceleration (DXVA). It can't hurt to try.

Edited by grandpabruce

Thanks, Bob

I see you tried the suggestion in post # 3....

"WebTicket 8/3/2010 I went to Settings / Video / Hardware Acceleration and turned it off."

Bob what commercial Blu-Ray disc's are you talking about, names please?

Edited by cdanteek

Just to let you know that I have both CinePlayer and Power DVD on my W7 computer and they both work properly. I see that you using XP but I don't think that would be a cause of any interference between the two.

Have you looked for a firmware update to that burner? How old is it?

I have no suggestions for a solution. Sometimes other software or a setting can be a cause but those are often difficult to diagnose and fix without a format of the system.

I bought it earlier this year. The drive has an automatic firmware update program. The last available update from December 2009 is installed.

I see you tried the suggestion in post # 3....

"WebTicket 8/3/2010 I went to Settings / Video / Hardware Acceleration and turned it off."

Bob what commercial Blu-Ray disc's are you talking about, names please?

The BD discs I have used for test include Avatar BD and the HD Over series from PBS including Over Alaska and Over America.

The BD discs I have used for test include Avatar BD and the HD Over series from PBS including Over Alaska and Over America.

Bob contact support and tell them YOUR CinePlayer won't play new disc's like Avatar...

Be persistent, my CinePlayer won't play new disc's like Avatar!B)