Zambuk

Capture Audio From Sound Card

Question

I have just upgraded from C2010 to C2011. I like C2011 as it seems faster and smoother (Windows 7, 64-bit).

My issue is capturing audio from my sound card. As I did with C2010, I am putting sound effects into a production. In order to do so, I am recording them from the internet using Creative's "What you hear" option.

Two things happen after I press "Stop" on the Roxio Easy Audio Capture screen and get the "Audio file Successfully captured":

1) the recorded audio is unusable as it has become very wavy (using the review feature in Roxio Easy Audio Capture); then

2) referring to the "What do you want to do now?" options, when I select "Open this file in Sound Editor", and I press "OK", the application hangs.

This approach worked with C2010. Any solutions?

4 answers to this question

I have just upgraded from C2010 to C2011. I like C2011 as it seems faster and smoother (Windows 7, 64-bit).

My issue is capturing audio from my sound card. As I did with C2010, I am putting sound effects into a production. In order to do so, I am recording them from the internet using Creative's "What you hear" option.

Two things happen after I press "Stop" on the Roxio Easy Audio Capture screen and get the "Audio file Successfully captured":

1) the recorded audio is unusable as it has become very wavy (using the review feature in Roxio Easy Audio Capture); then

2) referring to the "What do you want to do now?" options, when I select "Open this file in Sound Editor", and I press "OK", the application hangs.

This approach worked with C2010. Any solutions?

Not sure about your second problem as I have found that that option works O.K. But I just completed capturing 42 different tunes from my sound card and about 1/2 of them when played back are not usable do to what you are calling "wavy" The audio starts out reall bad but after about 30 seconds it seems to straighten out and play O.K. Anyway, I can seem to duplicate your "wavy" problem but not the edit in Sound Editor problem.

I'm running Win 7 Pro 64 bit and my sound card is a Turtle Beach Montigo DDL 7.1.

Frank...

I just tried it and I don't get either of those problems.

I recorded some stuff from Pandora,about 1 minute per cut.

I went back and listened to them all and they sound just fine.

I'm using Vista Home edition 32 bit.

I also used the "What You Hear" function from my Creative card.

I also tried the option of Opening with Sound Editor and it worked just fine.

I solved the problem: I uninstalled C2011 and then reinstalled it. That solved the problems. Something must have gone wrong with the original installation.

I solved the problem: I uninstalled C2011 and then reinstalled it. That solved the problems. Something must have gone wrong with the original installation.

Thanks for posting back with your solution :)

Frank...