• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Neil Munro

Mydvd Premier Update To Windows 7

Question

I have MyDVD Premier 10.1 (bought in 2008 from the eStore and not the buld mentioned in the update below) and have recently bought a new Windows 7 PC. It installed OK and seemed to work in a basic sense (I tried importing some MP4 videos into a project and it did not complain), but I thought I'd better check for W7 updates before I did any serious work.

The Roxio update page says:

"Update MyDVD 10.1 Premier (Build : 111B34A, MYP) The following download updates MyDVD 10 Premiere to Windows 7 compatibility for versions that are not listed as Windows 7 compatible on the retail box or when purchased on the Roxio eStore."

I bought mine from the eStore, so I assume this is what is needed. The update installed OK but now when I run it, there are no video editing options! I tried re-installing and no change - it has the Data and Audio options but under Video it just has CinePlayer (which does not work) and Video Guide.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

Edited by Neil Munro

1 answer to this question

For info, I uninstalled the W7 update and reinstalled the original version and so far it works fine. I suppose the moral is "if ain't broke..." but I don't understand why Roxio provide a supposed compatibility update.