• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 27 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

burn dvd from movie maker video

scecill

Question

I created a movie maker video with still pics and video. Throughout the process I have burned two dvds as rough drafts. Now that I am ready for the final draft I am encountering a glitch. After I burned the dvd, I viewed it and found that it played about a third of the video, the audio continued to play but the video stopped. I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong. Any suggestions?

7 answers to this question

No, it is just my saved video on WMM before burning that it plays ok. I wish the answer would be that simple! Enjoy your 4th festivities. I am going to try to work on this some more. My little kids are already in bed so no fireworks for us. :)

Is that the burned DVD that you are playing that shows OK. If so, then the burn went OK and the problem is your DVD player. Not all players play all discs properly. Try playing it on another player.

I figured it out (at midnight)!!! After reading a lot of the discussion board I decided I needed to try out a different dvd burn software. I downloaded Ulead DVD Movie FActory since they have a 30 free trial period. It was the easiest process and my video is now on dvd. thanks so much for all of your help - it is nice to know that there are people out there to help with these issues.

No, it is just my saved video on WMM before burning that it plays ok. I wish the answer would be that simple! Enjoy your 4th festivities. I am going to try to work on this some more. My little kids are already in bed so no fireworks for us. :)

I created a movie maker video with still pics and video. Throughout the process I have burned two dvds as rough drafts. Now that I am ready for the final draft I am encountering a glitch. After I burned the dvd, I viewed it and found that it played about a third of the video, the audio continued to play but the video stopped. I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong. Any suggestions?

Movie Maker? Are you using that term generically? What function in EMC V8 did you use -- VideoWave? How did you set up the DVD menu - using MyDVD? Did you burn (encode) to an iso file and then Disc Copy to your DVD? What are the specs of your computer including the video card. What is the total time length of the DVD?

As you see there are a lot of questions and you didn't provide us with much my guess is that you burned directly to DVD rather than the iso file and your computer couldn't handle all the encoding and the burning at the same time. Not sure why it worked before but you may have added something in this last version that the program or your computer is choking on -- could be a transition, timing of the transition, an image that is a problem or other. Clean and defrag your hard drive and then encode to the iso file. That may solve the problem. Please post back with the information and how you are making out (helps other people with problems.)

Movie Maker? Are you using that term generically? What function in EMC V8 did you use -- VideoWave? How did you set up the DVD menu - using MyDVD? Did you burn (encode) to an iso file and then Disc Copy to your DVD? What are the specs of your computer including the video card. What is the total time length of the DVD?

I used Windows Movie Maker that came with my computer. I am very sorry but not to familiar with some of the terms you used. I am a rookie!! :huh: I did use MyDVD. I went to the add files on the left and selected the Windows Movie Maker video that I created then selected BURN. I did add more to the video since the last time I successfully burned the dvd. I have a Dell Dimension Intel, Pentium, CPU 2.80 GHz, 1.0 GB RAM, Microsoft XP with video card (not sure where to find specifics on the video card). Total lenght is 31 minutes. Please explain how to burn to an iso file b/c I simply burned it to DVD as far as I know. I sure do appreciate your help. Sorry for the beginner language. :)

I used Windows Movie Maker that came with my computer. I am very sorry but not to familiar with some of the terms you used. I am a rookie!! :huh: I did use MyDVD. I went to the add files on the left and selected the Windows Movie Maker video that I created then selected BURN. I did add more to the video since the last time I successfully burned the dvd. I have a Dell Dimension Intel, Pentium, CPU 2.80 GHz, 1.0 GB RAM, Microsoft XP with video card (not sure where to find specifics on the video card). Total lenght is 31 minutes. Please explain how to burn to an iso file b/c I simply burned it to DVD as far as I know. I sure do appreciate your help. Sorry for the beginner language. :)

Since you were able to use this procedure in the past, I'll assume that you have that down pat. Did you play that MMV on your computer to see if it would play completely? Did you use the same format. Since you also added a new video, did you check that?

To burn an iso file - in MyDVD, when you click burn, select burn to image file (iso) and uncheck all other options. Select the name you want and where you want it to be saved. Click burn. When it completes, close MyDVD and navigate to the file. Double click it and Disc copier will open. Simply copy that iso file to the disc. You could also open Disc Copier and navigate to the file and then burn.

Make sure you are using a good brand of disc.

Yes, the video shows just fine on my computer - the entire video. I am not locating the ISO image you mentioned that is to be found in MyDVD. When I click on the red burn button nothing like that comes up.

Yes, the video shows just fine on my computer - the entire video. I am not locating the ISO image you mentioned that is to be found in MyDVD. When I click on the red burn button nothing like that comes up.

Is that the burned DVD that you are playing that shows OK. If so, then the burn went OK and the problem is your DVD player. Not all players play all discs properly. Try playing it on another player.

Archived