• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Problems With Video Captured From The Web

Martha110

Question

I have an HP Pavillion with Windows 7 64-bit, 8gb ram and 729 gb free space. I installed Roxio Creator 2010 Special Edition.

Yesterday, Trying and failing to learn capture web, I came here and found I needed to download SP 2 (I did not need it) and the patch mentioned. I was then able to see the videos in the lower left pane of the program. I selected them, chose the Output device (dvd), and clicked the green arrow. It worked a long time and then finished.

I clicked to save the video to a file or folder, tried to choose a file and the screen faded out. The circle turned and turned. It never let me choose so I ended the task. I tried to play the dvd-nothing. I took it out and there was no evidence of a burn.

I tried again using one file (recaptured directly from the web), this time saving an image file. No luck-no burn, although it says it has finished. I have wasted a cd and 4 dvd's. Some look like they have something burned to them (color change on part of disk) but won't open and show anything.

I double clicked the image file, Roxio opens, I click burn and it burns (like when you burn a data disk-that window) but again nothing plays.

Don't know if this is relevant, but when I put in a dvd that supposedly has been burned by Roxio, it will not automatically open. If I try manually, the only thing on the dvd is a file icon with an arrow named Desktop. It says that I have a file to burn but if I click burn, it says there is nothing to burn. Very frustrating!!!

I am very new at this and have not done any video burns before.

Hope someone can help. Thanks

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Archived