Audio Capture Problem

dxxxxusm

Question

Can anyone help with my audio problem? I am uploading from Sony Mini DV camcorder through a S-Video cable but it doesn't appear to be capturing any sound. I have selected S-Video in the options/general and tried all the different options in audio input but to no avail. It does however capture image and sound when connected through the audio/video output on the camcorder and connected to the white/red/yellow USB connection. I haven't got pc firewire connection. Thanks

1 answer to this question

Can anyone help with my audio problem? I am uploading from Sony Mini DV camcorder through a S-Video cable but it doesn't appear to be capturing any sound. I have selected S-Video in the options/general and tried all the different options in audio input but to no avail. It does however capture image and sound when connected through the audio/video output on the camcorder and connected to the white/red/yellow USB connection. I haven't got pc firewire connection. Thanks

If you try to capture via USB, the program thinks you are working with a webcam and will not capture the audio.

What computer do you have? If desk top, you can add a firewire card; if a laptop, there are adapters for your card slot (if you have one) but I don't know how well they work.

Edited by sknis