rancor01

.cue + .mp3 + .iso, but no .bin!

Question

I'm tring to burn a disc that has a .cue sheet, but no .bin file. I have searched the forums already, and have turned up nothing.. hoping someone here can help me. anyhow, heres what the first few lines of the .cue sheet looks like:

FILE "Track-01.mp3" MP3

TRACK 1 AUDIO

INDEX 01 00:00:00

FILE "Track-02.iso" BINARY

TRACK 2 MODE1/2048

PREGAP 00:03:00

FILE "Track-03.mp3" MP3

TRACK 3 AUDIO

PREGAP 00:02:00

FILE "Track-04.mp3" MP3

I also think that the .mp3 files need to be converted .. possibly to .wav

It continues on like this for a few more tracks with another .iso file. How can I burn this? Toast will not allow it to happen without a .bin file... Any help appreciated. Thanks!

and in case anyone is wondering, this is for a homebrew game for the PC Engine/Turbografx game console.

Jeff

3 answers to this question

.iso does not require a .cue file to burn... In Toast 7, just choose Copy -> Image File then drag the .iso file in Toast then click on burn....

.iso does not require a .cue file to burn... In Toast 7, just choose Copy -> Image File then drag the .iso file in Toast then click on burn....

......so, what about the rest of the files? How will it know if the .iso should be burned mode1 or mode2? at 2048, or 2352? Also, the PC Engine does not play .mp3 files, so they should be converted (to .wav I suppose) as well.

Both Nero and CDRWin easily do this for windows.. I suppose theres no software for Mac that does this.

... Another reason the ibook sits on the shelf and looks pretty, while the Dell actually gets used.. :)

......so, what about the rest of the files? How will it know if the .iso should be burned mode1 or mode2? at 2048, or 2352? Also, the PC Engine does not play .mp3 files, so they should be converted (to .wav I suppose) as well.

It seems very odd indeed to have to convert a WAV to MP3 and back again in order to create a disc image. For a kick off the data will necessarily differ from the original :)

Have you tried fiddling with Audio->Mixed Mode CD ?