Missing Or Corrupt Certificates And No Permission To Launch

Blueman1

Question

Have a new Dell Studio 1749, Windows 7 Home Premium. This laptop came with McAfee Security Center. I tried for a week to install Roxio Creator 2010 to no avail. I found that McAfee was calling these files cookies and repairing and removing them. I tried turning off the firewall(that didnt work). I contacted McAfee technical support and they wanted me to submitt these files to them so some department for study. I figured that would take too long, so, I did what any frustrated person would do. I uninstalled McAfee and Installed Roxio again. IT WORKED. I then reinstalled McAfee Security Center and haven't experienced any more problems. I seriously considered not going back to Mcafee and trying Norton instead. McAfee does not give you the option of loading or removing files (cookies) it considers a problem, Norton does. So if you are having this problem and you're running McAfee then this is one solution

Edited by Blueman1

16 answers to this question

Actually Norton also causes problems, but every application you go to install carries an instruction to 'close down all running applications before installation'. This, despite anguished screams, includes anti-virus, anti-malware and so on ;)

You managed to pin down your problem - and hopefully others will see that and do likewise.

Thanks for the feedback on that

Have a new Dell Studio 1749, Windows 7 Home Premium. This laptop came with McAfee Security Center. I tried for a week to install Roxio Creator 2010 to no avail. I found that McAfee was calling these files cookies and repairing and removing them. I tried turning off the firewall(that didnt work). I contacted McAfee technical support and they wanted me to submitt these files to them so some department for study. I figured that would take too long, so, I did what any frustrated person would do. I uninstalled McAfee and Installed Roxio again. IT WORKED. I then reinstalled McAfee Security Center and haven't experienced any more problems. I seriously considered not going back to Mcafee and trying Norton instead. McAfee does not give you the option of loading or removing files (cookies) it considers a problem, Norton does. So if you are having this problem and you're running McAfee then this is one solution

I prefer Vipre anti-virus and firewall. It is easy to exit that program for installation of other programs.

Am I ever glad I found this post - it has saved my sanity. I have been trying for 2 weeks to install Creator 2010 - first from the Download and then from the disc when it arrived. I have been corresponding with the Support Desk all that time, trying fixes that they suggested. Some worked to some degree, nothing solved my problem. I would get Creator to launch, but none of the applications would launch because I had "missing or corrupt certificates". When I was sent a patch to fix this, some of the applications would launch but not all, and sometimes even the main shell would not launch. Other times the main shell would launch and after closing and re-launching, it would not work. Frustration!!!!! I got so far as asking for my money back - but even that "solution" would not work as the site was down. Finally, I found the post from Blueman1 and followed his suggestion. Uninstalled McAfee, did a clean re-install of Creator 2010, re-installed McAfee and so far everything is working like a charm. Long may it contunue.

Am I ever glad I found this post - it has saved my sanity. I have been trying for 2 weeks to install Creator 2010 - first from the Download and then from the disc when it arrived. I have been corresponding with the Support Desk all that time, trying fixes that they suggested. Some worked to some degree, nothing solved my problem. I would get Creator to launch, but none of the applications would launch because I had "missing or corrupt certificates". When I was sent a patch to fix this, some of the applications would launch but not all, and sometimes even the main shell would not launch. Other times the main shell would launch and after closing and re-launching, it would not work. Frustration!!!!! I got so far as asking for my money back - but even that "solution" would not work as the site was down. Finally, I found the post from Blueman1 and followed his suggestion. Uninstalled McAfee, did a clean re-install of Creator 2010, re-installed McAfee and so far everything is working like a charm. Long may it contunue.

I felt the same, thanks for letting me know my post helped

The BIG problem is getting people to actually believe that.

It's posted all over the boards about turning A-V off on install, but even then some people argue that they 'shouldn't have to' :lol:

Try installing Office 2010 sometime and watch as two of the files for Outlook get zapped by the anti-virus (at least there you can see it happen)

I have the same problem although I run Norton - it seem to appear after a Blackberry update.

Sony Vaio, Win7, 32 bit running Norton Antivirus 2010. Tried running the patch, but it says to reinstall the certificate. RMC came with the Vaio, so I don’t have any discs but have tried the Vaio recovery center to no avail – yet more error messages. Also tried several system restores to earlier points in time. Additionally, Roxio also starts the installer if I right click on either the laptop or network drives.

Any suggestions would be appreciated as I've wasted considerable time already trying to resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance

Edited by wellard

I have the same problem although I run Norton - it seem to appear after a Blackberry update.

Sony Vaio, Win7, 32 bit running Norton Antivirus 2010. Tried running the patch, but it says to reinstall the certificate. RMC came with the Vaio, so I don’t have any discs but have tried the Vaio recovery center to no avail – yet more error messages. Also tried several system restores to earlier points in time. Additionally, Roxio also starts the installer if I right click on either the laptop or network drives.

Any suggestions would be appreciated as I've wasted considerable time already trying to resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance

Your problem is not the same as the others in this thread. You have some OEM version of some Roxio software, that came from Sony. Support, for your version, comes from Sony.

You also installed some Blackberry update that caused the problem. Contact them, too.

You almost certainly have an OEM (cut down) version produces esp[ecially for Sony. Part of the agreement is that the OEM provides support.

Your version is not the same as the others here and patches produced for the full retail version won't work.

Despite what Sony may try to tell you, support is down to them (but as you found out, they will try to fob you off). You need the installation discs to effect a clean installation

Thanks, I figured as much.

However, I am somewhat surprised that Roxio is comfortable with not providing service support for OEM installations as the end user sees only a Roxio error message - that's what sticks in the end user’s mind at the end of the day! I'm sure that there were other entities culpable in the recent Gulf oil spill disaster; however, it will always be associated with BP.

After numerous hours of research and discovering many others in my situation, I’ve decided to remove (including all registry associations) this POS from my computer. Life is just too short to sort this crap out. If and when I need this sort of software, I will seek an alternative source.

Thanks again for clarifying matters, it made my decision to remove this software so much easier.

You have something produced by Sony. It's a cut down version of a commercial app and has no relation to the retail version.

You are in the same position as a Yugo 45 owner (a license built version of a Fiat Uno) trying to get support or spares from Fiat. It just doesn't happen.

Sony are the ones who suplied their version, no-one here or even at Roxio has the discs or that particular version and Sony signed an agreement that they would supply support.

Thanks, I figured as much.

However, I am somewhat surprised that Roxio is comfortable with not providing service support for OEM installations as the end user sees only a Roxio error message - that's what sticks in the end user’s mind at the end of the day! I'm sure that there were other entities culpable in the recent Gulf oil spill disaster; however, it will always be associated with BP.

After numerous hours of research and discovering many others in my situation, I’ve decided to remove (including all registry associations) this POS from my computer. Life is just too short to sort this crap out. If and when I need this sort of software, I will seek an alternative source.

Thanks again for clarifying matters, it made my decision to remove this software so much easier.

Try looking in the quarantine file of Norton. If you find any Roxio files then allow them to run. This is what McAfee was doing to me. If that doesn't work then try the install Norton, Install(repair)Roxio, and then reinstall Norton. Don't give up, it feels good when you finally figure it out. These Gurus in the peanut gallery don't have a clue. Those fixes they keep referring everyone to are useless. :)

Blueman - he actually has a totally different problem. He tried to apply a patch which is meant for the full retail version on a (cut-down) OEM version from Sony and they never supplied a disc with that so the repair/re-install option can't be used.

OEM support comes from the OEM (there are a number of different versions floating around) and none of us here have copies so we can't help

Thanks Blueman1 - at last someone with a reasonable suggestion rather than "sod off, it's OEM"

I've actually removed it from my computer now as I wasted far too much time on it - all is running well again.

Thanks again for suggesting a solution.

Regards.

BTW, Yugo markets itself as Yugo regardless of origins. Roxio has its name on the product regardless of installation type - something they should consider in my humble opinion.

Edited by wellard