• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Burning A Slideshow

Brazos

Question

When I burn a slideshow to a disc, the progress bar stalls at 97%, and the disc ejects. The progress bar then continues on to 100%. When I play the disc, the slideshow shows all but the last two slides and reverts back to the main menu. I wonder if the two issues are related and have a common solution. The slideshow occupies only a small portion of the disc, and I've udated my video drivers. Also, the preview and mpeg versions of the show run perfectly.

7 answers to this question

It's not under Tools/Options. You see the option, that Daithi was talking about, when you click on the Burn icon.

The option only appeared when I burned to a DVD rather than a CD. It then was successful. However, my player doesn't recognize/accept the DVD, so I'm back to trying to make the CD work. Perhaps the player prefers +RW to -RW, but that doesn't address the problem of why the CD ejects before the burn is complete. If it's of any consolation yours and Daithi's remarks have been more helpful than Roxio technical support who so far have been clueless.

Rather than waste a disc, can you try burning to an iso image file (it's in options) and also try leaving the last two clips out? It's possible they aren't being read by the program.

Once yuou have the .iso file, you can double click that to start a burn process (don't just copy it across - it won't work)

It appears to be related to disc speed. My CD-RW 12x ejects early while my DVD-RW 4x completes the slide show. Considering many discs run even faster than 12x, Roxio should be able to handle any product.

Disc speed is a function of the drive and not the software.

The app will tell you the available speeds, but it has no control over HOW the drive itself behaves. Also comparing DVD and CD speed is like comparing apples and oranges (DVD x1 is a lot faster than CD x1)

Again, Video CD is a deprecated medium (a lot of players can't handle it nowadays)

Did you try writing to an image file first as I suggested?

Rather than waste a disc, can you try burning to an iso image file (it's in options) and also try leaving the last two clips out? It's possible they aren't being read by the program.

Once yuou have the .iso file, you can double click that to start a burn process (don't just copy it across - it won't work)

Disc speed is a function of the drive and not the software.

The app will tell you the available speeds, but it has no control over HOW the drive itself behaves. Also comparing DVD and CD speed is like comparing apples and oranges (DVD x1 is a lot faster than CD x1)

Again, Video CD is a deprecated medium (a lot of players can't handle it nowadays)

Did you try writing to an image file first as I suggested?

I'm looking into drive upgrades now. As for an image file, I don't find that option under options. The choices there have to do with a graphics test and proxy files among other selections.

I'm looking into drive upgrades now. As for an image file, I don't find that option under options. The choices there have to do with a graphics test and proxy files among other selections.

It's not under Tools/Options. You see the option, that Daithi was talking about, when you click on the Burn icon.

Another problem could be the media itself. As you pointed out some players don't like -RW but as a rule of thumb, most top quality players won't play DVDs made on cheap media

The best ones are Verbatim or JVC/Taiyo Yuden. Memorex and most of the 'store brand' names are bottom feeders

Archived