Sign in to follow this  
karimyousuf

Music Disc Creator Will Not Start

Question

All the other application will start and work as they should, except for Music Disc Creator. I have version 8.05 installed. I tried to use the repair funtion under add remove programs, as well as removing the roxio 8, then reinstalling it. It did work before, but know it will not. Nothing else on my computer is giving me strange problems like this. I have a Dell Dimension 8400, with a P4 3.4 Ghz, 2048mb Ram, 920GB HDD, 2 16X NEC DVD+-RW, ATI X300 128MB graphics card. Is there anything I can do to resolve this issue. When I try to run the program, It would say loading but would never load. The loading screen will not go away, until I use the task manager to stop it.

5 answers to this question

All the other application will start and work as they should, except for Music Disc Creator. I have version 8.05 installed. I tried to use the repair funtion under add remove programs, as well as removing the roxio 8, then reinstalling it. It did work before, but know it will not. Nothing else on my computer is giving me strange problems like this. I have a Dell Dimension 8400, with a P4 3.4 Ghz, 2048mb Ram, 920GB HDD, 2 16X NEC DVD+-RW, ATI X300 128MB graphics card. Is there anything I can do to resolve this issue. When I try to run the program, It would say loading but would never load. The loading screen will not go away, until I use the task manager to stop it.

Does this happen using both the Home program to get to Music Disc Creator and from Start/Programs/Roxio/Audio?

Hi,

Try the following, make sure you have closed all components of EMC 8, including Drag to Disc from your system tray.

Go to your start menu

Select the run command

In the run command type "regedit" and click ok.

WARNING: THE NEXT STEP INVOLVES EDITING YOUR SYSTEM REGISTRY. WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND YOU EXPORT YOUR REGISTRY BEFORE ATTEMPTING ANY EDITING. EDITING YOUR REGISTRY INCORRECTLY CAN CAUSE IRREPARABLE SYSTEM DAMAGE. To export a copy of your registry, please do the following.

a. Go to "Start" then "Run", type "regedit" and click "OK".

b. Locate and left click "File" in the upper left hand corner of the Registry editor.

c. Click "Export" (Export range All should be selected).

d. Choose a location on your hard drive and give the file a name.

e. Click "Save".

Your registry should now be backed up in a .reg file to the location you specified.

a. Double-click the "Hkey_Current_User folder" this will expand or open the folder.

b. Locate the "Software" folder.

c. Locate the "Roxio" folder.

d. Right click on the folder and select delete.

e. Please exit the registry by choosing "File" from the top left hand corner of the window and click "Exit".

Now try launching Music Disc Creator

:rolleyes:

Thanks very much. I had the same problem and this solved it in seconds.

SciProf

It's good to see that old threads still help folks solve problems, and it is great that you took the time to give your thanks.

Cecil..... probably won't see your post, though. He hasn't been back to the forums in well over 4 years. :)