• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 20 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

sound and video out of synch

boblgnj@earthlink.net

Question

Having problems with sound un-synchronizing from video.

1) When I load from DV camera into MicroSoft Windows Movie maker, edit, and save as .WMV, I can add import to EMC 8 delux suite, add menus and burn to DVD (but 20% of time disk plays fine in PC but not read in DVD player to TV, or I get random 'glitches' in video).

2) When I load from camera into EMC 8, do no editing, add no chapter points, and burn to DVD it has better video and is readable, but 90% of time sound is unsynched. The file previewed in My DVD appears to be OK, so it seems to be in the burn process. Can only load as MPEG-2, (if load as AVI-DV can see on screen in preview, but nothing gets to the DVD).

3) I saw the pinned note from March 13 with hotfix for un-synched DVR-ms file; but I am not sure if it applys with MPEG-2 format files.

Using EMC 8(deluxe suite) (after moving/buying MyDVD essentials, to premier, to EMC 8 Suite, to EMC8 Delux suite; Roxio help always pointed out what I needed was just one step up)

Dell, 512 mb ram, ~38 gig free

Windows XP professional, + service pack 2,

Four weeks back Roxio help had me update video driver (NVIDIA Ge Force Fx 5200), DirectX/DivX, burner drivers (Teac-DVD+RW DV-W58E)

Win Explorer 6.0.29 +sp2

Camera: Panasonic PV-GS250, sound set to 16 bit (not 12)

2 answers to this question

Having problems with sound un-synchronizing from video.

1) When I load from DV camera into MicroSoft Windows Movie maker, edit, and save as .WMV, I can add import to EMC 8 delux suite, add menus and burn to DVD (but 20% of time disk plays fine in PC but not read in DVD player to TV, or I get random 'glitches' in video).

2) When I load from camera into EMC 8, do no editing, add no chapter points, and burn to DVD it has better video and is readable, but 90% of time sound is unsynched. The file previewed in My DVD appears to be OK, so it seems to be in the burn process. Can only load as MPEG-2, (if load as AVI-DV can see on screen in preview, but nothing gets to the DVD).

3) I saw the pinned note from March 13 with hotfix for un-synched DVR-ms file; but I am not sure if it applys with MPEG-2 format files.

Using EMC 8(deluxe suite) (after moving/buying MyDVD essentials, to premier, to EMC 8 Suite, to EMC8 Delux suite; Roxio help always pointed out what I needed was just one step up)

Dell, 512 mb ram, ~38 gig free

Windows XP professional, + service pack 2,

Four weeks back Roxio help had me update video driver (NVIDIA Ge Force Fx 5200), DirectX/DivX, burner drivers (Teac-DVD+RW DV-W58E)

Win Explorer 6.0.29 +sp2

Camera: Panasonic PV-GS250, sound set to 16 bit (not 12)

Why are you using WMM to do your editing, why not use Videowave? It has many more features. Hopefully you have captured your video in DV avi, any other format will result in loss of quality when you start editing and then rendering. When you output from WMM to wmv you are highly compressing the video, then when you import into EMC the video gets uncompressed and the compressed gain to render to the mpeg format required by DVDs. All this compressing and uncompressing is bound to have an effect on your video. Videowave will easily accept DV avi as will myDVD. If you are capturing from a digital camcorder (not a DVD camcorder) you should be using aFirewire connection and capture to avi. Capturing to mpeg2 seems to create the audio/video sync problems for some users.

Thank you for the fast reply.

Have a DV camcorder.

1) Have been importing into Videowave Using MPEG because I spent a week with a 10 minute test file I loaded as AVI and never got it to work. I could edit in EMC, save, preview OK in MyDVD; but when burned to DVD only got a black square for video (audio came out OK).

That is when I updated all the drivers, etc.

By the way, DirectX is 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

2) I have since then seen several posts talking about instead of burning to DVD, burn to disk image file or ISO. And then Burn from disk image file to the DVD. None of Roxio help screens touch on that.

Could that make a difference with either my audio out of synch, or the cannot burn from AVI??

Archived