Sign in to follow this  
bigchris

Toast Keeps Crashing On Conversion

Question

Trying to convert a PAL DVD to NTSC prior to burning to a disk. I'm using Apple Intermediate codec. I'm using the same settings as in the attachment (image below) which correctly converted the files for that specific movie.

The disk i'm converting seems to make some pretty huge files. It's a movie with a bunch of extras and the movie at 98% complete had created a 40gb .mov file.

I'm tried this numerous times and it keeps crashing right at the end. I've attached the dump toast_dump.txt to this post.

Any insight is gratefully received.

post-87166-053873300 1285003013.png

1 answer to this question

Are you wanting to make a NTSC video DVD from the PAL video DVD? If so Toast can do that conversion in a different way. Choose NTSC as the format in Toast Preferences. Then select the DVD video setting in the Toast Video window. Insert the PAL DVD (or place the PAL VIDEO_TS folder on the desktop) and choose DVD with the top button of the Toast Media Browser. Double-click on what appears in the browser window to see the individual titles on the DVD. Drag what you want to the main Toast window.

When the extraction is complete prepare the menu the way you want and choose either Save as Disc Image or click the burn button. Toast will ask if you really want it to be converted to NTSC. Click Okay and that's all you need to do.