• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
jongala

Conversion Speed

Question

I'm trying to convert some non copy-protected discs to a format read by iTunes iPod. While the process works, it is an incredibly long time per DVD. I'm talking hours. Is that normal?

3 answers to this question

I'm trying to convert some non copy-protected discs to a format read by iTunes iPod. While the process works, it is an incredibly long time per DVD. I'm talking hours. Is that normal?

Perhaps for your computer it is. What computer do you have? What video card do you have?

I have done a couple of conversions with a HP duo 1.5GHz 2G-memory.

It looks like it works by playing the material in fast forward and recording from that.

With mine it takes about 2/3 the time to convert as it does to play the item.

I haven't tried it on my "lots better" computer so will try and add to this reply.

I have 2 Roxio's licences, and while I like Roxio Creator 2011, compared to the 2 major similar software suites, Roxio is the slowest of the 3 at converting videos. I sure hope that on their next version, the developer puts more efforts in increasing the conversion performance. Also, since Roxio are now, I believe, the owners of divx, they should put back divx as a target conversion format.