Sound Editor Issue

RobertHF

Question

Hello,

I've just purchased and installed Roxio Creator 2011 on Windows 7 32-bit. When I start the Sound Editor program and choose "File - Add Audio File..", it takes a very long time (several minutes) for the File Open dialog to appear. Subsequently in the same session the File Open dialog appears instantly, but if I close and restart the program there's a delay again on the first open. It looks like the program is either searching my machine for all audio files, or maybe its building a directory structure, and for some reason on my machine its taking too long. The machine is a desktop PC and its not connected to a network. Has anyone else seen this problem?

Any advice appreciated.

3 answers to this question

I tried to duplicate your problem in Roxio C2011 Pro, but when I open the "Sound Editor" program and then click on "Add Audio File" it only took approx. 3 or 4 seconds to come up with a screen that shows all the folders I can go to to add a audio file. Then when I pick one it adds it to the program exceptionally fast. So I'm not sure how long your's is taking, but Mine seems to be working normally.

Frank...

oddly enough, if I place a cd in one of my optical drives that has audio file on it, and want to add any audio file, it adds them as fast as it does when I add one form a folder on my computer. Tried placing a blank disc in one of the optical drives and tried to add an audio file from it and it won't even let you open the disc. So why would any one try and add an audio file to a blank disk in one of your optical drives ??? .It doesn't even look there if there is a blank disc in the drive.

Frank...

Archived