menus limited to 6 movies or slideshows?

chriscav

Question

3 answers to this question

OK, that's what I thought. All MyDVD templates but one have max 6 menu objects. (Exactly one template has 7 menu choices. It's in the content CD-ROM.)

My experience is that I created two additional buttons to the babbling water standard template, and now the navigation skips around oddly and doesn't follow the sequence in which I added movies and slideshows. It's totally confused and broken. I guess that is because it doesn't know how to count beyond the number 6 in the template.

I'm making this DVD for elderly people over 80 years old and they don't understand DVD navigation like us young folks do, so maybe I'll go with your suggestion of a "play all" button and a "select scenes" button.

For "select scenes", I'd love to get all 10-20 items on one page of chapter items so they don't have to go hunting all over the DVD for what they want to see. I have never done chapter menus before, but I think I need to edit together all my movie clips and slideshows into a mega movie using VideoWave and then use chapter IDs to skip fwd and bck with the <= and => buttons.

OK, that's what I thought. All MyDVD templates but one have max 6 menu objects. (Exactly one template has 7 menu choices. It's in the content CD-ROM.)

My experience is that I created two additional buttons to the babbling water standard template, and now the navigation skips around oddly and doesn't follow the sequence in which I added movies and slideshows. It's totally confused and broken. I guess that is because it doesn't know how to count beyond the number 6 in the template.

I'm making this DVD for elderly people over 80 years old and they don't understand DVD navigation like us young folks do, so maybe I'll go with your suggestion of a "play all" button and a "select scenes" button.

For "select scenes", I'd love to get all 10-20 items on one page of chapter items so they don't have to go hunting all over the DVD for what they want to see. I have never done chapter menus before, but I think I need to edit together all my movie clips and slideshows into a mega movie using VideoWave and then use chapter IDs to skip fwd and bck with the <= and => buttons.

Why bother with chapter menus? Its going to be just as confusing as using several menu pages. Don't try to put more then 5 or 6 thumbnails on a page. More will become too small for the seniors to recognize and will difficult to navigate. If you watch any commercial movie DVDs you will see they do not clutter up a page with too many thumbnails or choices.

Archived