• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

My Installation Issues With Creator 2011 Pro

DJ Jayito

Question

I am reading that a lot of us are having installation issues for the new Roxio Creator 2011 Pro. My initial issue had to do with an RCPROD.msi file, but that issue was fixed - I THINK. Currently - after about 4 uninstall / reinstall attempts - my issue is I CAN USE Roxio Creator 2011 Pro, but everytime I load the software I get the following (in the attached file) message. No matter how many times I click OK and allow Roxio to reboot my computer, I get the same message everytime I load the software. I can click CANCEL (repeatedly) to get to actually burn a disc, but this is obviously an issue that might be important to fix. I was hoping some of you had this issue and resolved it. Tech support has been very communicative with me, but we still haven't reached a solution. Maybe you have?

Jason Suttmeier

JasonSuttmeier@verizon.net

post-87786-046191700 1285773148.jpg

9 answers to this question

What are you using for your download ? An actual C2011 pro installation disc or a downloaded file ?? Could you show some of your computer spec's (i.e. HD, Memory, Video etc.) If you are having a good working relation with Roxio Tech support, I would suggest continuing that also.

Frank...

I have not given up on reaching a solution with them. My only issue with them is they say that MANY PEOPLE have had this problem and it was solved with their steps. I'm guessing, however, that is with OLDER VERSIONS of Roxio. I just wanted to see if anyone on here has come up with a successful solution.

I am draging the 3 files from the CD ROM - as suggested - onto my desktop into a ROXIO folder and unzipping them into their own directories - also as suggested, and then running the set up from there.

I have not given up on reaching a solution with them. My only issue with them is they say that MANY PEOPLE have had this problem and it was solved with their steps. I'm guessing, however, that is with OLDER VERSIONS of Roxio. I just wanted to see if anyone on here has come up with a successful solution.

I am draging the 3 files from the CD ROM - as suggested - onto my desktop into a ROXIO folder and unzipping them into their own directories - also as suggested, and then running the set up from there.

with your anti-virus off of course !

DIRECTX_FEB10.INSTALLDIRECTX_WEB failed with exit code -9

I got it to work!

My Roxio 2011 program is a link download not a Disc, I ran the program about ten times and got installation interruption and realize it was trying to link to something and when I check the Roxio log before it did a rollback I see this: Action InstallActions.DIRECTX_FEB10.INSTALLDIRECTX_WEB failed with exit code -9. Installation failed with error code -9

And this is the link it was trying to link http://roxiocentral.roxio.com/enu/emc/v13_rox/creator-chrome-product-tour.html

The programs ask to install Google tool kit and Chrome, I would so you wouldn’t have problems in installation and uninstall it later if you don’t want it after Roxio 2011 install.

Turns off any device connect to the router like laptop or Xbox 360, so it wouldn’t interrupt the Roxio web link. lRan the program RoxioCreator2011PRO_JA08NXD0R14 and on the program under“Unzip to folder” Is where the program unzip temporary: C:\Users\JESUSM~1\AppData\Local\Temp

Open My document and copy and paste on bar C:\Users\JESUSM~1(your name here)\AppData\Local\Temp and look for folder RoxioCreator2011PRO_JA08NXD0R14 and you will see the program setup and go to properties and do the compatibility mode and Privilege level administrator then run setup program follow installation.

It works for me and I hope this help

others.