• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Unable To Add Movie To My Project

claudiakc

Question

When I attempted to add a movie to my project, I got the following error message: "The file you are trying to use is unseekable, and has not been added."

What does this mean and why can't I add my movie? It is a regular .wmv file. This just started yesterday. It's been working fine up until then.

I have the following hardware: HP EliteBook 6930p

I use the following OS: Windows XP Professional

My movie was saved on my hard drive as a .wmv file.

Here are the circumstances under which the problem came about: I had made several other movies the very same way. I did nothing in between, but when I tried to add this .wmv file I received the error message "The file you are trying to use is unseekable, and has not been added."

Troubleshooting steps I have already tried: I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software several times.

I have not made any changes to my computer.

Thank you,

4 answers to this question

When I attempted to add a movie to my project, I got the following error message: "The file you are trying to use is unseekable, and has not been added."

What does this mean and why can't I add my movie? It is a regular .wmv file. This just started yesterday. It's been working fine up until then.

I have the following hardware: HP EliteBook 6930p

I use the following OS: Windows XP Professional

My movie was saved on my hard drive as a .wmv file.

Here are the circumstances under which the problem came about: I had made several other movies the very same way. I did nothing in between, but when I tried to add this .wmv file I received the error message "The file you are trying to use is unseekable, and has not been added."

Troubleshooting steps I have already tried: I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software several times.

I have not made any changes to my computer.

Thank you,

Try to export that file to an mpeg format. You can use Copy & Convert or Videowave to do that. Then add that mpg file to your project.

Let us know how it goes.