tmorris9

Error Copying Mp3 Cd

Question

I have Toast 10 and always get an error trying to copy CD's. Right now it's an MP3 CD that I made a few years ago.

Here is the error:

Sense Key = ILLEGAL REQUEST

Sense Code = 0x21, 0x02

BUFFER UNDERRUN

Now I just upgraded to the newest version thinking it might fix it but it did not. I don't have any problems writing CD's from iTunes and I finally made a disk image of this CD and burned them using the finder with no problems.

For some reason though I can never seem to burn a good CD from Toast.

Any ideas?

I am using an iMac Intel 2.4 GHz with 4GB RAM and OS 10.6.4

post-88054-078321000 1285977974.png

3 answers to this question

Check that buffer underrun protection is turned on in the Advanced tab of the Recorder Settings window. Also, have you tried burning at a speed slower than Best (which is the fastest available speed for a particular disc media and optical drive combination)? This is an error that was common years ago but is very rare today so I'm not sure what is causing the problem. You might try a different brand of CDs to see if that makes a difference.

I agree with fmorris9 and highly recommend a slower speed. I always burn at 8x for cd's and depending on the media, 2-4x for dvd's. So what if it takes longer. At least it won't be a coaster.

I was burning at only 2X but I found the buffer under run protection was off. Not sure why this should even be allowed off. I think that did the trick.