• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 19 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Tivo Transfer Won't Find Premiere Box

bklockhart

Question

After contacting Tech support and going through the advice: 1. Make sure that your Mac OS's Java applet and application versions are set to versions 5.0:

* From your Mac OS hard drive, go to Applications > Utilities > Java > Java Preferences.

* Click the General button.

* Under the Java applet versions box, select J2SE 5.0 32-bit.

* Under the Java application versions box, select J2SE 5.0 32-bit.

* Close the window.

etc....

I still couldn't see my DVR. I'm sure the media access key is okay. Any other tips? From the first step, both my applet version boxes, 32 & 64 bit, are checked. Should I uncheck the 64 bit losing that function altogether?

Brian

5 answers to this question

Try this: Trash the TiVo Transfer application. Open Toast 10.0.8 (not an earlier version) and launch TiVo Transfer from the Toast Extras menu. See if you TiVo now appears.

Thanks for the suggestion but it still doesn't appear after trashing it and opening it from the latest version, 10.0.8, of Toast. Hopefully Roxio will reply with another possible fix.

Thanks for the suggestion but it still doesn't appear after trashing it and opening it from the latest version, 10.0.8, of Toast. Hopefully Roxio will reply with another possible fix.

TiVo Transfer is working with my TiVo Premiere. I don't know why it isn't working with yours. Have you gone through all the steps in this article?

TiVo Transfer is working with my TiVo Premiere. I don't know why it isn't working with yours. Have you gone through all the steps in this article?

I've just finished trashing all relevant folders and files and reinstalling the latest version of Toast. I followed these steps as instructed my customer support: Step 1.

Complete uninstall of Toast 10 Titanium on a Snow Leopard

( http://kb.roxio.com/search.aspx?URL=/content/000098TT&PARAMS=set-locale=en )

Step 2. Reinstall Toast 10.

Step 3. Download and install Toast 10.0.8 update

( http://www.roxio.com/enu/support/toast/software_updatesv10.html )

I've got Tivo Transfer version 2.0a7 in the bundle but it still doesn't recognize my TiVo. Very frustrating but I've replied to tech support again. We'll see. Ever hopeful....

I've just finished trashing all relevant folders and files and reinstalling the latest version of Toast. I followed these steps as instructed my customer support: Step 1.

Complete uninstall of Toast 10 Titanium on a Snow Leopard

( http://kb.roxio.com/search.aspx?URL=/content/000098TT&PARAMS=set-locale=en )

Step 2. Reinstall Toast 10.

Step 3. Download and install Toast 10.0.8 update

( http://www.roxio.com/enu/support/toast/software_updatesv10.html )

I've got Tivo Transfer version 2.0a7 in the bundle but it still doesn't recognize my TiVo. Very frustrating but I've replied to tech support again. We'll see. Ever hopeful....

My TiVo Transfer app doesn't have a version number using Get Info in the Finder and shows 2.0 in the About window. The modified date in Get Info is March 8, 2010. When I looked inside its package contents there are some folders with an October 1, 2010 date but all the files are March 8. It is working with my TiVo Premiere.