Toast Video Player

hondarider

Question

I have just today found that when I'm trying to edit commercials out of a program,

before I burn a disc, the Toast 10 video player has started to lock-up and I get the

spinning rainbow wheel. If I try again it stops in the same spot in the program.

So far the only way to stop it is to force quit. Does anyone have any ideas on how

to solve this? If I uninstall and reinstall Toast 10 will the HD plug-in install

also or do I have to buy that again?

3 answers to this question

What is the source for the video that you're trying to edit. I'm having trouble with the Toast Video Player as an editor because it only includes some of the edited video when trying to make it into a video DVD or convert to other format. So I'm not sure you'll be happy with the result even if you get it to work. I'm making my edits with MPEG Streamclip instead.

Before you trash the old copy of Toast rename its folder then install the new version so you have both on the Mac. Launch the new version and make sure everything is working before trashing the old one. Each version of Toast fixes some bugs and creates new ones so it actually is good to keep the older versions around (although you don't need to keep earlier copies of the other apps bundled in the Toast folder).

What is the source for the video that you're trying to edit. I'm having trouble with the Toast Video Player as an editor because it only includes some of the edited video when trying to make it into a video DVD or convert to other format. So I'm not sure you'll be happy with the result even if you get it to work. I'm making my edits with MPEG Streamclip instead.

Before you trash the old copy of Toast rename its folder then install the new version so you have both on the Mac. Launch the new version and make sure everything is working before trashing the old one. Each version of Toast fixes some bugs and creates new ones so it actually is good to keep the older versions around (although you don't need to keep earlier copies of the other apps bundled in the Toast folder).

I'm transferring video from my tivo. It is a *.tivo file. Sometimes the burned dvd leaves off anywhere from 2 to 10 minuets, it seems to happen around a commercial edit.

I'm transferring video from my tivo. It is a *.tivo file. Sometimes the burned dvd leaves off anywhere from 2 to 10 minuets, it seems to happen around a commercial edit.

I'm having problems with Toast failing to include all selected content when I've done editing in Toast Video Player. I believe there is bugs there. I've resorted to using MPEG Streamclip to edit the TiVo files after removing the .tivo wrapper with "Tivo Decoder."