• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Creator 2010 Pro Edition Plug-Ins ?

Kotskiguy

Question

I was having the same error come up, too, Support told me to buy Hi-Def/ Blu-Ray Plug-in. lol. Even though I'd told them many times that I have the 2010 pro edition. I think their program say it has it, but it doesn't. Crappy for us, but good for them, because we will probably buy it in the end.

Also, AVCHD "disc" doesn't exist. Period. Ever seen one in the store? Don't get fooled by the stupid option they brainlessly put in there. Burn to Standard DVD them upgrade on the quality. Worked for me. Took me about 9 times to wait on the LOOOOONG encoding process to figure it out, too. "WAY TOO LONG" IF YOU SUPPORT GUYS ARE READING THIS !!!!"

Now.....So I buy the Blu-Ray Burner, and the fricken program doesn't register it. Nice eh?

I think I'm going to Apple and "Splurge" on Final Cut just in spite of them. at Least I KNOW it's WORTH IT.

8 answers to this question

I'd like to know if anyone out there has Creator 2010 Pro, has needed to still buy a Hi-Def/ Blu-Ray plug-in to burn The Blu-ray disc or for AVCHD format.

I recently just installed a Blu-ray burner (LG) and the program doesn't even register it. ???

If you have Creator 2010 Pro, the Blu-Ray plugin is in it. However, to play Blu-Ray discs, in CinePlayer, you need to purchase the Blu-Ray plugin for playback.

What do you mean by the bolded text, above?

I was having the same error come up, too, Support told me to buy Hi-Def/ Blu-Ray Plug-in. lol. Even though I'd told them many times that I have the 2010 pro edition. I think their program say it has it, but it doesn't. Crappy for us, but good for them, because we will probably buy it in the end.

Also, AVCHD "disc" doesn't exist. Period. Ever seen one in the store? Don't get fooled by the stupid option they brainlessly put in there. Burn to Standard DVD them upgrade on the quality. Worked for me. Took me about 9 times to wait on the LOOOOONG encoding process to figure it out, too. "WAY TOO LONG" IF YOU SUPPORT GUYS ARE READING THIS !!!!"

Now.....So I buy the Blu-Ray Burner, and the fricken program doesn't register it. Nice eh?

I think I'm going to Apple and "Splurge" on Final Cut just in spite of them. at Least I KNOW it's WORTH IT.

Unfortunately your rant has taken a real legitimate question and made you look like a fool. No, typically Roxio employees do not frequent these threads except for a couple of experts who have nothing to do with marketing or engineering.

An AVCHD disc is a high definition video file that is burned on a STANDARD DVD. It must be played on a blu-ray player or a computer, There are a lot of blu-ray players that will play the AVCHD format. Have you been to a store to buy AVCHD discs? They should have told you a little more about the format.

If you found this post and followed the directions, you would have made several disc by now and would have save a lot of money and your sanity.

The time to render a production is dependent on the CPU and the amount of memory. on your computer. With XP or Vista and an marginal computer, it would not be unusual to take more than 24 hours to render a AVCHD disc. With my computer and W7, I can get it done in about 4 hours. NOTICE that I said that it works, just that it will be slow.

You are certainly welcome to go to Apple and to Final Cut if you have the extra $4000 sitting around. By the way, Toast 10 (from Roxio) is the best way to get your productions from your computer to a disc. I hope you bought a blu-ray burner that will work with that MAC.

Spite is a terrible way to lead a life.

I recently just installed a Blu-ray burner (LG) and the program doesn't even register it. ???
Creator 2010 should recognize any burner that is properly installed in Windows. If you have Windows XP, you need to install a special driver. Not sure about Vista, but Windows 7 should automatically recognize and install a Bluray burner properly.

A burner is a burner CD-DVD-DVDBD.. XP, Vista, and W-7 should have no problem seeing/installing the drive.

Download the PX Engine to a folder you make on your hard drive. Use WinRAR or WinZIP to extract the downloaded compressed file, double click the.exe, when it's done reboot. Now see if your drive shows in Roxio?

PX Engine 4.18.16a. Updater Only .Click here

Where can I buy the 2010 blu ray plug in?

Top of this page, right next to the silver Roxio are the products. Look there. Also make sure you know which plug in you are looking for - the burning or the viewing.

OOPs, you will have to call Roxio Sales (link) to see if it is still available and how to get it. The one listed may only work for Creator 2011.

Edited by sknis