• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Have read the forum and still can't burn

roadkill53129

Question

Is there a type of DVD that is more compatible than others? I am attempting to use Maxell DVD R and I can't seem to get them to work. I have done a slideshow in VideoWave, saved it as an .iso file. I then click on the iso file, go to burn and the progress starts, goes about 10 seconds (even though the progress bar says it has about 8:13 to go) and the error is this: There was a problem writing to the disc. You can try again by clicking the retry button. You will need to have another blank disc ready. I am sick of making expensive drink coasters. Any suggestions?

My system: Win XP Pro, Pentium 4, 3GHz with HT Technology, 1GB RAM, Radeon 9600 PRO

7 answers to this question

Is there a type of DVD that is more compatible than others? I am attempting to use Maxell DVD R and I can't seem to get them to work. I have done a slideshow in VideoWave, saved it as an .iso file. I then click on the iso file, go to burn and the progress starts, goes about 10 seconds (even though the progress bar says it has about 8:13 to go) and the error is this: There was a problem writing to the disc. You can try again by clicking the retry button. You will need to have another blank disc ready. I am sick of making expensive drink coasters. Any suggestions?

My system: Win XP Pro, Pentium 4, 3GHz with HT Technology, 1GB RAM, Radeon 9600 PRO

I would try Verbatim or Tayo Yuden. You can only get the TY's online, but Verbatim are available at most stores like Best Buy.

What is your burner make and model?

I would try Verbatim or Tayo Yuden. You can only get the TY's online, but Verbatim are available at most stores like Best Buy.

What is your burner make and model?

AOPEN DUW 1608ARR - I just had my computer rebuilt, so I know that it burns DVD's, but I'm thinking it may be the media...

AOPEN DUW 1608ARR - I just had my computer rebuilt, so I know that it burns DVD's, but I'm thinking it may be the media...

I just tried using Disc Copier and I got this error: E: AOPEN DUW 1608/ARR ("Medium Error" [03/64/C0])

Does that confirm that it's my blanks?

I just tried using Disc Copier and I got this error: E: AOPEN DUW 1608/ARR ("Medium Error" [03/64/C0])

It is a good indication that the discs are no good, but you can never be sure until you try a different brand or type.

Just in case -- even though you had your computer rebuilt, it is best to make sure all your drivers and firmware are up to date. Go here to see the latest firmware for that drive. Be careful installing firmware; if you don't follow directions, you could end up buying another drive.

The updates for this November 2005 firmware (Version R 1.11) include:

Modify Write strategy for TY DVD-R Disc

Debug for Writing audio CD Error

Adding support list for F.T.I. DVD+R(16X disc, write in 12X)

Adding support list for F.T.I. DVD-R(16X disc, write in 8X)

Archived