• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Videowave Crashes On Start

MysterC

Question

22 answers to this question

Have you applied the update yet? Before going any further, you should install the update.

http://www.roxio.com/enu/support/c2011/software_updates.html

Yes I did apply the Service Pack 1 update? is this the ony one?

thanks for your reply and help Beerman , I have never had this problem with Videowave before.

Ok , Tech Support contacted me and told me to remove ALL Roxio files and reinstall , and after removing ALL files including some form creator 2010 that had been left behind , it now works!!

Happy Again!!

and Props to Roxio Support thay responded in RECORD time!!

I do get the same result which happens only whebn you install the update SP! which surely has a major bug. I uninstalled roxio 2011 and reintalled it again and videowave worked fine then installed SP1 and get the same result ''videowave sotp working and windows will close the application. Using Windows 7 home ed.

I have Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit and had no issue applying the update. Some of us users recommend using Revo Uninstaller. It can delete left over files and registry enters. Did you have Creator 2010 installed before? Make sure all of those files are deleted, too.

Edited by ggrussell

yes ati like Russel says keep trying , I have Win 7 64bit and it does work , make sure to get ALL the old stuff off ( Ihad like 3 big parts of 2010 left over after uninstalling it!!) and run something like CCleaner and it's reg cleaner thats in it , You can also defrag your hard drive before re-installing , I use Perfect Disk and it keeps my disks defragged constantly.

And download (not install) the SP1 update , then install the 2011 package , reboot , then the update from a file not online.

I have the email from Tech support that tells how to do a super uninstall , if you would like I can copy it and send it to your PM box. Although Roxio responded within a few hours of my support ticket!! they seem to be very fast.

good luck man and don't give up!!

I only...ONLY use the one I have JV16 , and CCleaner , when trying to remove left over crud from uninstalls.

no I have not used a Reg cleaner or a system cleaning tool since reinstalling Creator 2011 about a week ago.

I do use Raxco Perfect Disk to keep all my HDD's defragged , but I have been using that and CCleaner for years and years , through uses of both Creator 10 and creator 2010 , and I have never had this kind of issue.

This program Video Wave crashes at 2 modules:

SBDView.dll

and

LayoutDll13.dll

It was just working last week after doing a very clean uninstall and reinstall , I don't understand why this is happening , it has never happened with any other version...same system.

I am using a BETA video driver from Nvidia , I'm going to try and install the latest release and see what happens.

thanks for any help and suggestions Skins , I really do appreciate any input.

Once again Roxio Support comes through with flying colors!!

It was Internet Explorer BETA 9 that was causing the issue , the tech pointed me to an article about IE9 Beta and conflicts so I removed it , Video wave now loads and works!!

And I just want to say , Roxio Support for the second time answered me back in lass than one day , this last time in less than an hour!! THAT in todays world is OUTSTANDING!! I am very pleased!!

thanks to everyone for suggestions and I hope this helps others as well!

Support Ticket on this issue

Edited by MysterC

Once again Roxio Support comes through with flying colors!!

It was Internet Explorer BETA 9 that was causing the issue , the tech pointed me to an article about IE9 Beta and conflicts so I removed it , Video wave now loads and works!!

And I just want to say , Roxio Support for the second time answered me back in lass than one day , this last time in less than an hour!! THAT in todays world is OUTSTANDING!! I am very pleased!!

thanks to everyone for suggestions and I hope this helps others as well!

Support Ticket on this issue

Why did you tell us you were running experimental software in the first place!

Everyone knows IE9 won't work with 2011…

Why did you tell us you were running experimental software in the first place!

Everyone knows IE9 won't work with 2011…

Experimental?? really?? lol it's a beta thats ALL but ready for full release!! , it works better and faster than ANY other Browser on the web and more than likely will be released AS IS so support should start NOW!

And why didn't I say anything?? and quite frankly Jim , what the HELL does my browser have to do with my burning software anyways? I had NO idea and NO REASON to believe that my web browser would effect a photo/video editor , I have a full version of CyberLink Powerdirector Pro and it doesn't have ANY of these types of problems and it converts and uploads video to YouTube in half the time!!

And apparently "everyone" but ME knew IE9 had a problem with VideoWave , but that is NO reason to put me down Jim , while I appreciate your response to me I really don't like the type of attitude from anyone that I should know something out of thin air. I didn't live 47 years and reaise 2 kids to be treated like a PUNK by anyone!!

Man what is it with people lately?? I came here trying to find help , attitude I can get on the street!! you could not have said that in any kind of a nicer way?? I don't live on these forums I don't know everything that goes on here , I have a real life!!

IE9 is known to cause issues - it makes a fundamental change in the OS that messes things up. There was NO way that could have been foreseen (and the same thing happened when MS released IE7 with earlier apps - it effectively killed them)

Just so you know, a beta is NOT a 'ready for release' program - it's out for testing and bug reports should be sent to Microsoft. When it IS ready for release, you will see it change from 'beta' to 'RC' - until then it is purely for testing 'at your own risk'

Thanks for the info gi7omy , I have beta tested everything from operating systems to backup software to drivers (many that run better than WHQL release) I am very familiar with the state of the programs at beta stage.

What I meant was , and maybe it was because my blood pressure was up for the way I phrased it , I have been running IE9 for some time now and it is at least 5 times faster and 10X more stable than IE8 at Full release. , In my opinion it is ready for full Polish and then release and I have already commented to MS about it.

I did not however foresee (as you stated no one could have) that a web browser , beta or not , would cause issues with video editing software , but as you pointed out it made major changes in the OS itself. And I do remember the problems with the IE7 and 8 betas , I just assumed that MS may have remembered those as well and hoped that they did not made many of the same mistakes.

With that being said , IE9 is an Excellent Web Browser (even in beta form) and I cannot wait for full release.

And I guess I got a little ticked off because I'm just sick and tired of people being rude for no reason , people don't ask questions because they already know the answers to them they ask to receive knowledge that someone else might be able to give and then therefore should share that knowledge willingly , its how we learn.

having built every PC I have had since my 386DX and installed/setup every os on them from DOS to Win 7 , I guess when I get treated like a clueless dolt because I don't know every detail about every piece of software I buy it makes me a little edgy. I have 4 computers and a server running right now , for now I will just run IE9 on one of the others.

sorry to all if I sounded gruff in my last post

Personally speaking I wouldn't trust a MS browser with a forty foot barge pole. To me they're wide open for exploit and MS are notoriously lax in fixing those (there are known cases where they foot-dragged for months on known exploits). At least Mozilla tries to patch any exploits as fast as they can without waiting forever and a day before they even admit there WAS one. To me the ONLY useful function in IE is for Windows updates - nothing else

However, that doesn't negate the problem of the knock-on (or knock back) effect the OS alterations have on oher apps. This is down to MS in the end making changes. THEY should check for compatanility and not leave software companies having to patch a working product because MS decided to make changes.

I started on computers back in 8 bit days and progressed via DOS 3.2 (and CP/M) on to the present (and I multi-boot this box - I compile all my Linux from source code in preference to a standard distro) and all my boxes are home built to my own specs.

yes thanks , I'm sure its not you guys , I am just cranky , with business the way it is and our health insurance costs going near triple at work , its just frustrating even when I try to take a day off. I just had to fill out a stack of paperwork that would make your head explode.

The good news is my program is working and I am working on a project for my gaming clan , I have some really cool FRAPS videos , that new version of the FRAPS program is awesome!!

thanks for understanding.

LOL I hear ya about MS browsers , but IE9 just might change your mind. make sure and give it a go , I think it's more and more like Mozilla with every update!! VERY very clean and sleek!!

I also use FireFox , I actually have 2 browsers open at most times when I'm on the net , I have a chat room I moderate and am a moderator at my Gaming clans website , thats probably whey I work so much....to get some rest lol!!

thanks again y'all , and again sorry for being such an &%$.

Well in reality it's MS playing 'catch-up' with Firefox but I'll stick with the main point in that there WILL be exploits and MS WILL foot-drag over patching

I've moderated chat - I was even a services admin on one net and also admin on an Ultima Online shard at the same time(and constantly suffered from that well known ailment of WWS - Wrong Window Syndrome) :lol:

I had NO idea and NO REASON to believe that my web browser would effect a photo/video editor ,
What a lot of users don't realize is that Internet Explorer is EMBEDDED into many applications. When Microsoft makes a change, it affects ANY application that uses IE. For example launch the Home app and click on Learning Center. Most of that is from the web and is most likely an IE window. Edited by ggrussell