Stucker

Toast 10.0.2 Chapter Markers From Qt Mov To Bd-R

Question

Haven't seen this question posted for a while, so here goes. Was this fixed?

I'm still using the Toast 10.0.2 version on my PowerBook G4 laptop because I believe it was the last upgrade of Toast that still works with the Power PC chipset - the later ones being for Intel models. So was there a solution to get chapter markers that I place in my Final Cut Pro QT movie file before exporting them to show up in the BD-R discs burned with Toast 10.0.2 when I set it to 'automatic chapter markers'? Instead of every five minutes? I thought this was fixed, or was it fixed in a later Intel version? Thanks!

2 answers to this question

Haven't seen this question posted for a while, so here goes. Was this fixed?

I'm still using the Toast 10.0.2 version on my PowerBook G4 laptop because I believe it was the last upgrade of Toast that still works with the Power PC chipset - the later ones being for Intel models. So was there a solution to get chapter markers that I place in my Final Cut Pro QT movie file before exporting them to show up in the BD-R discs burned with Toast 10.0.2 when I set it to 'automatic chapter markers'? Instead of every five minutes? I thought this was fixed, or was it fixed in a later Intel version? Thanks!

PPC processors (properly configured) and BD as implemented in Toast do not mix and match very well. My understanding is that fixes to Toast past 10.0.2 were really meant for intel macs only. So if there were problems with Toast and BD technology, and there were, those fixes were made to accommodate intel macs. The PPC models seem to have fallen to the wayside.

But one can always hope.

I'm doubly sure that the next version of Toast will be intel mac only and probably require snow leopard. Just my opinion.