Resolusion Of Slideshow Creator 2010

BinHuang

Question

I am using Roxio Creator 2010 to create a slideshow to play in my DVD player. The I found its resolusion much worse than in my computer. Is there any way I can do it better? What is the max resolusion I can get by using Roxio? Any Video Edit Software can get better resolusion?

1 answer to this question

I am using Roxio Creator 2010 to create a slideshow to play in my DVD player. The I found its resolusion much worse than in my computer. Is there any way I can do it better? What is the max resolusion I can get by using Roxio? Any Video Edit Software can get better resolusion?

I'm no expert, but I experienced similar results creating a slide show a few weeks back...

Chances are your PC screen is smaller than your Flat Screen connected to your DVD player, using the same source of video, the larger the screen the more Picture quality will suffer...

You can create DVDs with Roxio at the max (DVD specs) rez of 720x480, usually these days Digital cameras can take pics at a much higher rez than this if you're using the "best/higher" setting for your camera, these pics look excellent on new PC with Hi-Rez monitors, but a DVD created at the best quality possible with Roxio or any other app -- even though it will still look very good --- will be lacking in Picture Quality if you're using your PC's monitor (and original high-rez pics) for comparison, and if you are using a Hi-DEF Plasma/LCD screen, the same DVD may look worse than what you see in your PC during playback, as Digital displays in general tend to accentuate the defects of low resolution..(that's why everything is going Hi-DEF)

If the Pics were taken at the max high Resolution your camera allows, you can then use Roxio to make an AVCHD DVD instead, this Hi-DEF format will use the max REZ plasmas are able to display (1920x1080i/P), your Hi-rez pics will be down-converted to this rez which is a lot better than standard DVD video, and your DVD could potentially look as good as Blu Ray commercial discs, but you'll need a Blu-Ray player (with AVCHD support) to play back AVCHD-DVDs on your Hi-DEF flat screen...the other solution is going Blu-ray all the way to get the max resolution, but......

You can create an AVCHD slide show/movie using Roxio's Video Wave, check the AVCHD/BLU-RAY section in that forum for more info...

Edited by mackado