• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Roxio 2011 Pro Video Copy And Convert

mmaaff

Question

3 answers to this question

I just installed Roxio 2011 Pro and want to convert a .AVI file to DVD. The program hangs at 8% completion. I actually have to go to the Windows 7 task manager to shut it down.

Well known issue. What kind of avi file? If it is DivX or Xvid, then it probably won't work.

Use Video Wave . Add the file to Video Wave and then select to output it to the format of your choice.

or

If the file is the only file, just add it to My DVD to create the DVD.

If the file is DRM protected, then the program will not do it. Where did you get the file?

I got it off of btjunkie. It is an old black and white movie (The Defiant Ones). It is just a standard .avi file. It plays on my computer. It also plays on my TV when loaded on a memory stick.

There is no standard avifile. There are lots of different formats. I assume it to be a DivX or XVid. Creator 2011 will probably not work with it.

I just found out that btjunkie is a bittorrent type site and that allows you to download copyright protected content. If that is what you are trying to do, then the program won't work and this conversation is finished.

Edited by sknis