• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 29 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

vixeod

Editing - Adding B Roll Video Over Native Audio

Question

Editing - Adding B Roll video over Native audio:

I'm a new to Video Wave user, so far I have not found a way to unlock the Native audio from the video to add b roll video over native audio from another clip. This is very common, to have an interview in one shots audio continue while changing just the video over that audio (B Roll video). I'm wondering if I'm just missing something simple or video wave just can't do that and I need to get a more advanced editing program. Any Ideas? Thanks

4 answers to this question

Sorry, you can't 'unlock' the audio from the video. However, you can mute any audio track. If you are trying to use audio from two different sources, can't be done easily. Using a third audio source and then muting the two video can be done with a little patience.

There is One 'main' video track and 5 overlay tracks where you can also add video. Plus 5 Text overlays and 2 FX tracks. One thing very important is the ORDER of these tracks. Videowave layers these top down meaning what ever is on bottom is the upper most layer visible. For example if you wanted some text passing behind a building, the text layer should be above the track that the building PNG image is on. Unfortunately, we can't move the tracks at will so you need some planning ahead to achieve certain affects.

To add tracks, go to the Timeline mode and click on the Show/Hide Tracks Button. Add the tracks in the order needed and clikc OK. There are also 4 audio tracks. The narrative track is automatically used if you want to record a narrative, but it can also be used to add music or other audio.

post-49-086275500 1286377765.jpg

Edited by ggrussell
  • Like 1

Vixeod, I hope this helps. I realize it's been some time since this was written but, I just came on board. Any way, I hope this helps, who knows you might have figured this out by now, if not, here goes.

Go into SHOW MEDIA SELECTOR. Then go into MY VIDEO find the video footage you're working on and RIGHT CLICK. It should say EXTRACT AUDIO... Don't Forget to go to FILE NAME: and name it. Now you should be able to move it to the Music Track or what ever track you want. Hope this helps.

"Jersey Boy"