• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 19 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Another Throws A Certificate Error

nontechie54

Question

I purchased this software over the weekend, loaded fine, started copying first VHS tape. approx. 50 mins into the transfer, the screen froze as well as the whole computer. I did a reboot, everything came back, tried to open Easy VHS to DVD and received the same error message you described. I attempted to uninstall by several methods.. no luck, I even did a system restore to the point before I loaded the program... no resolution, I reloaded the program and get the same error message. I am running Windows 7 professional 64 bit and IE 8 too on a new Dell XPS CPU system. The program build is 201B23A and the box and documentation indicates it supports Windows 7. I contacted Roxio support and received a reply to "open the program, go to help, select update the program and restart my system" good advice, IF I could open the program to start with.

I think I need to do a complete uninstall, but am unsure of the proper method as the Windows uninstall systems don't seem to do the job. Thanks for any suggestions.

Edited by nontechie54

3 answers to this question

For me: I am running Easy VHS to DVD build # 201B23A , which I was told was the latest version and compatible with Win7 Pro. It seems several have suggested a complete uninstall activity... that is what I am unsure about. Unless there is another way to fix and reload the program. thanks for any suggestion or help... I would like to get back to transferring old tapes.

The program with the error message is Roxio easy VHS to DVD and lists compatability with Windows 7, Vista and XP. I cannot find a version number since I cannot open the program, but the build number is: 201B23A, VHS. I am not running any of the Creator programs, is this the information you need? I am sorry I cannot be of more help.

I was getting the certificate error even after a couple of uninstall/reinstalls. I am running Windows 7 Pro 64 bit on a brand new Dell Inspiron. I logged on to Dell's site, entered my service tag number and installed all the recommended driver updates. I don't know which update actually fixed the problem, I suspect it was one of the video drivers, but the program now runs fine. I did not have to reinstall the program after the updates, it just started working.